Don't ask, Don't Tell overturned: let the religious hysteria begin!

Yep: A federal court in Riverside, California, ruled Thursday that the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy -- which bars gay men and lesbians from serving openly -- is unconstitutional.

DADT overturned

So, time for Pat Robertson to start screaming about how the US is now vulnerable to the Devil or whatever.

Views: 29

Replies to This Discussion

It's about damn time. There's no valid argument to keep gays from serving openly. None of the other countries who allow it are having problems. In fact, most of them are even better off than we are.
I guess no one wants to credit Log Cabin Rebublicans for filing the lawsuit. Im not Rebublican or conservative, and I know that most of us here are also not Reboblican or conservative - but maybe there is a role for groups like Log Cabin. After all, they are responsible for this lawsuit being filed.
On platform alone, there is a lot in the Republican party I agree with. I like having at least 2 political parties to keep each other in check.

I also liked that the judge who overturned Prop 8 was a Republican appointee.
Agree on the 2-party issue. Either one becomes too greedy and ambitious when unfettered by competition.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service