Dead 3 day old infant prayed over for 15 hours before authorities called

Here we go again folks

By Michael Wesp - Online Editor/ KMSS News
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 5:17pm

Wells, Tx — Cherokee County officials are investigating the death of an infant, whose parents chose to pray over the baby before calling for help 15 hours after the child's death.

At around 4:00 a.m. Sunday, the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office received a call in reference to the death of a 3-day old infant.

The caller told dispatchers that the child was born on Wednesday and had passed away around 1:00 p.m. on Saturday. The caller admitted to praying over the child before calling 911.

Deputies, emergency crews and investigators responded to the Wells Manor Apartments on Wright Patman Drive and found the infant in a bassinette next to the bed in the master bedroom of the apartment.

The mother, father and several adults, who identified themselves as elders of the church with whom the parents are members, were present and cooperated with detectives when they arrived.

The identities of the family members and witnesses are not being released at this time.

Justice of the Peace, Precinct 4, Vera Foreman pronounced the infant at the scene and ordered and autopsy.

The investigation continues.

. And this is only 30 miles from where I live.

Views: 1847

Replies to This Discussion

You're right. No lessons will be learned, because delusional thinking is interfering with their perceptions of cause and effect.

Learning means change.  People who believe in an unchanging faith taught from an unchanging book have no desire to change.  Indeed, they fear change, because change would take them away from the teachings of their faith and their book, which they have been warned that they MUST believe, upon pain of eternal torture.

The opportunity for learning brings with it the potential to become an atheist.

True that!

What should be done is this!  Let's take the mother and father, the people who were all present during this whole "Seances for Spirit Communication"!  Gather other members of their "bug nutty batshit crazy" faith based organization and say this; "Today, we are going to put one .44 magnum shell in each of these peoples heads that was present during this seance.  You guys are going to pray over them and have this god of yours bring them back from the dead."  Better yet, since the purpose of why one dies is that it was god's will!  We won't even ask for wholesale resurrections; just bring back one of them from the dead!

There would be alot of kicking and screaming going on!

One other thing...lets stop calling the act of prayer as "prayer".  Let's start calling them "Seances".  The definition for this word is: divination.  Synonyms for "seances" are: gathering, ritual, meeting, session.  How often do you hear xians say we had a prayer gathering, meeting, session or ritual?

Here they are some extreme radicals of their faith.  Obviously very devoted to their beliefs and god!  But, when you all pulled together as a unit to pray or hold your seance session...you got his voicemail!  The religious 911 call for help was not available!  His system was experiencing a heavy call volume at this time.

Sad, sad, sad!  This beautiful baby had to die because of ignorance!  Well, I just guess we will have to end this story by using one of the bibles famous quotes that xians like to use.

"A eye for a eye and a tooth for a tooth!"

I most certainly would never condone or recommend this to be literally taken as a serious mends for this unfortunate event!  Of course we are dealing with xians that do take every word that they read as literal truth!

I was simply using a biblical quote as a ironic zing to show the biblical justice that they so blindly follow.  I do not hate any religious people; they are the enemy of all humanity.  But, I do consider them my enemy!  I do apologize if my former statement resembled anything resembling those suggestions!

One again, a thousand pardons!

Sick bastards.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service