DETROIT – Nine suspects tied to a Midwest Christian militia that was preparing for the Antichrist were charged with conspiring to kill police officers, then attack a funeral using homemade bombs in the hopes of killing more law enforcement personnel, federal prosecutors said Monday.

The Michigan-based group, called Hutaree, planned to use the attack on police as a catalyst for a larger uprising against the government, according to newly unsealed court papers. U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade said agents moved on the group because its members were planning a violent mission sometime in April.

[Full Story]

Tags: antichrist, christian, domestic terrorism, midwest, militia, murder, police

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

Was Obama the Anti-Christ? The story didn't say but 24% of Republicans think he is.
I was discussing this with a coworker a couple of hours ago, and he said that their behavior wasn't very Christian. I laughed and said "The fuck it isn't".
Nice thoughts TPO. I've been saying with baited breath for a year or more that the (non)Rightwing rhetoric is going to culminate in bloodshed or attempted bloodshed before there's even hope of waking up their base. And that hopefully it's only 'attempted,' not 'successful.'

Sadly, I'm not seeing a whole lot of waking up of the base. When I post stories like these on FB I often ask, Where is the outrage from the mainstream Tea Partiers if they don't agree with it?

The few Teabagger FB friends of mine stay predictably silent on the subject.
That's called "tacit approval".

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service