Oddly enough, none of these devout men or their churches are giving God credit for trapping these 33 men in a collapsed mine in the first place and no one is thanking God for the average of 34 Chilean miners each year whom, as the AP reports, He doesn't see fit to rescue from such accidents.

More at: http://www.examiner.com/atheism-in-los-angeles/chilean-miners-rescu...

A Chilean miner prays after being rescued.

Tags: Christians behaving typically

Views: 14

Replies to This Discussion

Of course. Hard work and technical skills had nothing to do with it. Just odd that one of the rescued men turned out to be a sinful adulterer :-O
I believe in odds though -and out of 33 men, odds are... well, you know.
ofcourse the great god trapped them inside to test them
I was following the CBS news feed and there were plenty of people proclaiming this as a miracle. Only one person on there Atheist) acknowledged that it was only human ingenuity that got them out.
Oddly enough, none of these devout men or their churches are giving God credit for trapping these 33 men in a collapsed mine in the first place

Hugh, I've come to ask this every damn time someone annoyingly gives god credit in a disaster/accident/whatever.
Well, I'm sure WBC would give God credit for trapping those sinful hellbound miners underground.
How stereotypical. "Thank you god, for sparing me and making me more special in your plan than the other miners who were killed." Such blatant ego in the guise of humility.
The truly baffling point to be made here is that before technology, god(s) let the lot of them die miserable deaths. Before the technology was available, the odds of surviving a mining accident was comparable to winning the lottery. It wasn't until the rescue systems were contrived by man that rescue was more probable than recovery. And, it's obvious that the superstition of sin isn't wielding any power here either.

If they only realized how silly they look to those of us who can see.
See, but they would say that technology is god working through man.

True though. I'd be more impressed if god "saved" just as many people pre-tech as he did after.
I suppose god gave NASA the plans for the escape capsule they designed on the spot or instructions on the drilling of the escape shaft. You know god works in mysterious ways.:>p
It pisses me off that the non-entity who expends no effort is given credit for his/her/its non-accomplishment.
Trapped miners depending on god's help generally wind up as trapped corpses.
It pisses me off that the non-entity who expends no effort is given credit for his/her/its non-accomplishment.

I propose a new reality show: We trap two people in a mine. One gets to pray. The other gets to enlist the help of NASA. Which one will make it out first? Tune in to find out the exciting answer!
That, followed by my other reality show: "Your God Versus My Bayonet."

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service