Roman Catholic couples are being encouraged to pray together before they have sex.
A book published by a prominent Church group invites those setting out on married life to recite the specially-composed Prayer Before Making Love.
It is aimed at 'purifying their intentions' so that the act is not about selfishness or hedonism.
[more...]

I guess they need something to interrupt things if they're not using condoms.

Views: 15

Replies to This Discussion

Catholic men making excuses for their sexual ineptitude:
"Of course, Honey, it's not meant to feel nice. That would be a sin."
That's precisely why the Vatican invented this new trick ...it's critical for them to avoid that anyone could enjoy sex in any possible way!!!... just imagine an actual couple stopping after foreplay for a good prayer...holy crap!!!
Do the priests say this before having sex with little boys?
Pish Posh; of course they do.
The little boys would be praying for it to stop.
Yes, but the free will of the priest is more important.
All things considered, I don't find this prayer a bad thing. If you are religious, it is just re-affirming God is in your heart and that what you do, you do out of love. It doesn't say anything about not enjoying sex.

Silly, but not exactly anything I would consider bad.

Now, something else in that book mentions rejecting abortion in all cases, and that I can see some problems with.
In my opinion if they're going to recite a prayer before sex it should ask God not to give them an STD or another child they can't afford to feed.
See, I'd be worried about prayers like that. In your scenario they are asking an imaginary being to do something it can't do. What they are doing is pretty much innocuous.
Why not? Most unmarried people pray before they have sex. "God, please let me get into his/her pants tonight!" And during, for that matter. "Jeebus! God! Sweet merciful Fuck in heaven!"

Of course, for most married people, a really pious prayer beforehand is just the thing to get you out of the mood entirely so you don't have to go thru with the drudgery. Wait, did I say that out loud?
Whoa, talk about a way to get the atheists back to church!
Reminds me of this article of faith in Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service