Catholic Clergy Sexual Abuse in Belgium Led to at Least 13 Victim Suicides

A Belgian commission that has been looking into sexual abuse by Catholic clergy says that witnesses have attested that such abuse resulted in at least 13 victim suicides and involved victims as young as two years old.

Tags: Abuse, Belgium, Children, Jubinsky, Molestation, Sexual, Suicides

Views: 14

Replies to This Discussion

Two? TWO? TWO FUCKING YEARS OLD?!

I tried typing out a more intelligent comment, but all that kept being written was "RaGeHaTeKiLlSuFfErBURN EVERYONE TO CINDERS", so I'll just leave it at that.

TWO YEARS OLD! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THEM. BURN THEM AT THE STAKE FUCK THEM ALL TO THE MOST PAINFUL DEATH IMAGINABLE.
Thanks for posting this, if you hadn't I was going to.

This is the kind of article that should be read with a bite guard to prevent you from biting off your own tongue in horror.

Beyond the sheer horror of this story is the question of how much information has been successfully suppressed:

>>The report was incomplete because its files were seized in a June 24 judicial raid that forced it break-up
To throw more light on this story, most of the news reports about the commission don't mention that it was set up by the catholic church (I know - it surprised me when I stumbled upon this news). And it seems that the police raid back in june was raiding this commission's files (which I don't recall being made clear in any of the news reports I read at the time - they all gave the impression that the police were raiding the church's archives to uncover stuff being deliberately kept secret).
Source 1 Source 2
This would make the findings more credible as they would be from a church sanctioned authority.
Thanks Sandy, I checked a couple resources but didn't find anything clarifying this point and was hoping someone else would chime in.

Speaking of this topic everyone should take some time and watch "Deliver Us From Evil"

This is where I started researching information on Crimen Sollicitationis (aka the vatican's policy / procedure to financially protect the CATHOLIC CHURCH from rape victims).

In any case I would just like to throw this out: If this happened in a day care or school the perpetrators and their organizations would be gone. Gotta love double standards.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service