Al Sharpton: “We Know You’re Not Preaching The Bible”

"he called out the churches who seemed to be concerned only about one issue"

“There is something immoral and sick about using all of that power to not end brutality and poverty, but to break into people’s bedrooms and claim that God sent you,” Sharpton added.

Article

Tags: 8, bible, preaching, proposition, sharpton, truth

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

Another related article on the same site: http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/2009/01/17/8130

Great find, Funk.
Yeah, Al is lot more liberal on these issues than people realize. He's also pretty shifty on how much of the Bible he's willing to say he thinks if for real. He's not a literalist. The brief meeting I had with him we talked about Bloomberg's re-election bid (this is back in '04) when the cameras were off but when they were on his basic argument for god was that there had to be one because how else could we all exist? Pretty superficial but it allows for people to make the invisible sky god out to be more to the the left than ANY religious book would make him out to be.
I absolutely despise Al Sharpton and think he is a pretty despicable person but at least he is on the right side of this issue. Well, he's on the wrong side in a way because he's wrong about what the Bible says, but he is on the right side morally so at least there is one issue about which I can respect the man.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service