[They have been up long enough on the main page, so I am going to move them here and put up a link to them.]
DO NOT POST FULL ARTICLES. Post a synopsis and a link to the full article unless you are the author of the material. Full articles will be deleted without notice.
In order to create an environment that generates the best, most interesting and most useful content for our readers, there are a few posting guidelines.
* Please only post things that are related to atheism, Humanism, rationalism, skepticism and related philosophies. Other stuff just doesn't matter here.
* Please make an attempt at remaining somewhat politically neutral. This is not a group for politics. If a candidate or public figure says or does something stupid and it's related to religion somehow, publish it; otherwise leave it to the other news sites.
* Try to keep it to a dull roar. This is news, not talk radio; we don't have to go totally nutter with the freaking out and the strong language here. We can mock the crazies quietly and with dignity. Oop, that last part was my inside voice.
* Focus on quality. Before posting something here, really think about whether other people are going to want to read it and if they are going to find it interesting or not.
* Nobody is perfect. I am pretty sure that I have already broken all of these guide-lines, but just try keep them in mind.
Note on Formatting: Richard has requested that we make sure to format our hyperlinks to open in their own window. Here is an example of the HTML needed to do so. LINK TEXT
In case you are unfamiliar, it is the target="_blank" part that makes the magic happen, so if you use the button that auto formats links for you, you will have to go in and add that by hand to make it work. It's not hard and is the same for all links.
Enjoy the news,
Editor, Atheist News