Anger after Australian Jew films video of her family singing 'I Will Survive' on a trip to Auschwitz

Anger after Australian Jew films video of her family singing 'I Will Survive' on a trip to Auschwitz

An Australian woman has posted a video of her family singing and dancing along to the Gloria Gaynor hit 'I Will Survive' while on a trip to the Auschwitz death camp in Poland.

Jane Korman, who is Jewish, posted the video of her 89-year-old father Adolk - who survived the Holocaust - and her three children dancing to the hit inside the infamous extermination centre where as many as 1.1million people were killed during World War Two.

At one point, her father is seen wearing a t-shirt which 'I will survive' written across its front.

Mrs Korman has defended herself against claims of tastelessness and said the recording was 'a celebration of life and survival'. [...]

This is puritanism and wowserism at it's vilest. It is somewhat reassuring that positive comments not only dominate the story forum, but they also get a landslide of positive reader votes. I think an 89 year old guy who went through it and survived is entitled to tell his story however the fuck he pleases.

Tags: holocaust, puritans, wowsers

Views: 33

Replies to This Discussion

Great video!! An elbow to the jaw of asshole oppressors everywhere!
Good for him!
I didn't see the video first time around. This is beautiful.
I THINK IT'S AWESOME.
Those who don't like this probably hated the movie Life Is Beautiful as well.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/news/2010/07/100713_survivor_et_s...
That is a link to a short audio interview with him and his daughter on BBC.
The detractors can say whatever they want - I think this is brilliant and a Slap in the face
to anyone who thinks that fear- force - and even death can crush our human ability to survive and prosper!
I can't believe that people are actually angry over this video. This is the most beautiful thing I've seen in quite some time, especially after visiting the Holocaust Museum in DC earlier this year. Let the man and his family celebrate!
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by APRA

It was fun while it lasted.
Behold! Scum lower than the wowsers whining about the story exist! The Copyright Stormtroopers! I guess their grubby little scheme to make BILLIONS by shamelessly stealing a 30 year old pop tune is in ruins. Civilisation would implode were it not for the selfless vigilance of the MafIAA.
Of course as it is done for commentary, it should be legal as far as I understand.
Laughing about traumatic events and uncomfortable subjects is a way of dealing with them and even transcending them. He's saying "in your face!" to the people who wanted to kill him. Far better than being obligatorily somber and traumatized. You're not supposed to tell bullies that they succeeded in making you miserable! Who the hell are these PC thugs someone who lived through it how they should act!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service