From fair and balanced faux news.

7,500 Online Shoppers Unknowingly Sold Their Souls
A computer game retailer revealed that it legally owns the
souls of thousands of online shoppers, thanks to a clause in the terms

and conditions agreed to by online shoppers.

Edit: adding in the text of the clause because frankly it is just too good to leave out.

"By placing an order via this Web site on the first day of the fourth month of the year 2010 Anno Domini, you agree to grant Us a non transferable option to claim, for now and for ever more, your immortal soul. Should We wish to exercise this option, you agree to surrender your immortal soul, and any claim you may have on it, within 5 (five) working days of receiving written notification from gamesation.co.uk or one of its duly authorised minions."

-------

Leaves me wondering what one's soul is actually worth on the open market, how much can you get for nothing of value.

Views: 14

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, cheeses, am I now going to have to actually read all those TOSes?
"From fair and balanced faux news."

The Fox News website generally isn't too bad (at least not compared to their simply awful TV counterparts) and this news story at least doesn't seem to be political.

Also LOL.
That's why I read the TOS and get angry when others try to rush me through it. So I can't get caught by any weird clauses.
Someone has a sense of humor.
Awesomeness. Time to cash those babies in!
That is just too awesome.

Too many people idiotically fall for online shopping scams anyway. This just underscores it.

And the fact that it's on FOX News means a lot more people will take it seriously. "OMG; I sold my soul? Whatever will I do now? Quick! Paster Bob! How much money do I have to give to you to get my soul back! What's that, I have to have give you a blow job to get my soul back? Ok, if you say so. A priest wouldn't lie to me."

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service