AFA spokesman says Jesus would "take a whip" to Occupy Wall Street

Occupy Wall Street, the ongoing series of demonstrations protesting social and economic inequality, corporate greed, corruption and influence over government which, in just over a month, has spread from Zucotti Park in New York to over 900 cities all over the world, has picked up a few enemies along the way. And these enemies are not only banks, financial corporations, lobbyists and Tea Party conservatives; they also include Jesus...

At least according to a number of leaders on the religious right.

More here.

Jesus whipping the money-changers Occupy Wall Street

Tags: Jesus, Occupy Wall Street

Views: 283

Replies to This Discussion

Didn't the carpenter-turned-rabbi say something about a "den of thieves" as he went after those money changers in the temple?  Now tell me something: who more resembles the thieves in this little passion play, eh?
The "more here" link doesn't work.
'More here' should lead here.

That Fischer guy seems to know the mind of Jesus alright - it's almost as if they're identical twins, he's so certain he knows just what Jesus would and wouldn't have any truck with. 

Of course everything he says is complete bullshit, but what really blew my mind was this pearl of wisdom:

God says, “Thou shalt not covet...any thing that is thy neighbor’s.” And yet the Occupiers are driven by a dark, bitter, resentful, angry and acquisitive greed for stuff that belongs to other people.

Wow!

Yeah, I doubt there's anyone here who has a blog and hasn't gone over that one. ^^ It's not like he doesn't make himself a big damn target for ridicule anyway, but that line - especially right after his drivel about Jesus not liking hypocrites - was comedy gold.

Thanks for the link Mick.

"Fuck you, Bryan Fischer. You're a gigantic piece of shit, and I'll be glad when you're fucking dead."

I've never come across this Fischer guy before, but I think this just about sums up my own feelings after reading the shit that comes out of his mouth. He'll be no loss to the world.

Same guy who declared that only Christians have the free-speech rights guaranteed in the First Amendment because there weren't any Muslims there when it was written? Fuck no he won't be a loss.
HA HA LOL this is funny because the religious right and 'wall-street' would, if transferred to Jesus' time, be the money changers and Pharisees.

Isn't this more of the same...  didn't we do this once every 10 years since Moses was a boy?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service