A Kansas jury deliberated just 37 minutes before convicting an anti-abortion activist of first-degree murder in the fatal shooting of an abortion provider.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/01/28/kansas.abortion.roeder.verdict/...

Found this on PZ's site.  Thanks!

Views: 25

Replies to This Discussion

Activist?

I'm sorry, but Roeder was, by the very definition of the word, a terrorist.
Yes he is a terrorist.
Thirded. He was a terrorist. And he should never be called anything else.
Calling him an activist is the same as calling the 9/11 hijackers activists.
Yep. And those activists in Oklahoma City in the 90's.
Agreed. I really hate that he gets called "activist." Just like I really hate the term "anti-abortion" implying that the other side of the issue is "pro abortion."

Anti-choice is the more accurate term.

Just as terrorist is the more accurate term for Roeder.
I agree that terrorist is the best word for this guy. But I wonder why that was not part of the prosecution?
*cough*Christian privilege*cough*
Roeder did know that the man he killed wasn't the only doctor in the country who provides abortions, didn't he? Abortions are still legal, and women are still having them.
Roeder did know that the man he killed wasn't the only doctor in the country who provides abortions, didn't he? Abortions are still legal, and women are still having them.

The way Roeder and terrorists like him see it, they're saving the world one abortion doctor at a time.

Tiller was especially targeted because he was one of a very few (like, count them on one or two hands) American doctors who perform late-term abortions. The Anti-choice brigade and their megaphones like Bill O'Reilly would have their followers believe that it's like any other abortion. "Hey, I'm 8 3/4 months pregnant but I suddenly decided I don't want the kid."

In reality, they're rare and generally performed only in extreme cases of medical risk to fetus and/or mother.
He aborted severely mutated babies (like ones with no brain) that would not have lived anyway, and babies that were dead inside the mother (how is that murder to remove something dead from your body?)

I think there are now 2 late term abortion doctors in the whole country.
The death of Tiller will almost assuredly lead to MORE loss of life than keeping him operating.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service