All Discussions Tagged 'secular' (14)

← Back to Atheist News
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Barton: "Anything The Bible Talks About Should Not Be Considered Secular"

This article includes a video.   As we noted earlier, Jon Stewart and Mike Huckabee had an extended discussion on last night's "The Daily S…

Started by Donegal

2 Apr 7, 2011
Reply by Grace Fitzpatrick

Iraqi PM says he will challenge election results

A secular opponent edges out Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki in parliamentary elections. [Full Story]

Started by Aiden

0 Mar 26, 2010

Foreign Policy + Religion = Recipe for Disaster

From Humanist Network News The Chicago Council on Global Affairs recently recommended in an 85-page report that the U.S. government develo…

Started by Aiden

1 Mar 13, 2010
Reply by Jo Jerome

Appeal Decision is Victory for Church-State Separation Advocates

Amherst, New York (December 15, 2009)—The Council for Secular Humanism today won an appeal in its landmark case challenging the use of Flor…

Started by Aiden

1 Dec 17, 2009
Reply by Randy Rose

SECULAR Center Experiences Discrimination in Houston, TX

Several of the SECULAR Center’s (www.secularcenterusa.org) supporters in Houston have asked about volunteering at a nursing home or senior…

Started by Noelle

18 Aug 1, 2009
Reply by Noelle

Are There Secularists in the Trenches?

Secularists applauded the 2007 decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit upholding a lower court decision that voided a…

Started by Aiden

3 Jul 16, 2009
Reply by SEs

Secular Pinky Swear

Take the Secular Principles Pinky Swear! Join the other 275 folks to date! I, ___________________, strive to live my life according to pr…

Started by A Former Member

6 May 31, 2009
Reply by Phil Cook

40 Million Nonbelievers in America? The Secret Is almost Out.

Alternet has posted an article, 40 Million Nonbelievers in America? The Secret Is almost Out

Started by Kitty

0 May 7, 2009

Politicization of Atheists and Nonbelievers

By Sheldon Gottlieb, from CFI/Secular Humanism Online News -- April 2009 Based on my experiences in the Midwest and Deep South, I can conf…

Started by Aiden

1 Apr 3, 2009
Reply by Medusa

Council for Secular Humanism Unveils New Freethought History Projects in Video, Print, and Online

The Council for Secular Humanism has completed a series of media productions dealing with the history of 19th century American freethought.…

Started by Aiden

0 Apr 3, 2009

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service