All Discussions Tagged 'school' (13)

← Back to Atheist News
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Parent Says Public School Teacher is Forcing Religion on Daughter

A Kansas City, Missouri, charter school teacher is accused of bringing her religion into the classroom, and one parent says that when she c…

Started by Donegal

0 Apr 1, 2011

Big shocker: Sunday School Teacher turns out to be the Murderer.

When I first read of this 8 year old girl's death last year, I was just waiting for the Christian angle. When I saw the headline tonight "C…

Started by Jo Jerome

3 May 14, 2010
Reply by John Secular Smith

Student files human rights complaint against Quebec

Please stop the madness!MONTREAL–After months of balancing a woman's religious beliefs with her desire to learn French, the Quebec governme…

Started by Karina

5 Mar 12, 2010
Reply by Jo Jerome

Atheist Nursing Students Treated as Pariahs

Ask Richard: Atheist Nursing Students Treated as Pariahs Column by Richard Wade, from HumanistNetworkNews.org Feb. 17, 2010 Dear Richard,I…

Started by Aiden

8 Feb 18, 2010
Reply by Prog Rock Girl

The Christian Right and Public Education in Texas

Years ago, Religious Right leaders made it clear that controlling what students learn in public schools was critical to their goal of chan…

Started by Aiden

1 Feb 5, 2010
Reply by Jo Jerome

Students at Catholic School cry over question about Christianity.

The Higher School Certificate (HSC) is the formal qualification for graduating from high school in New South Wales (NSW), Australia. In th…

Started by Stephen Moore

9 Oct 26, 2009
Reply by Jo Jerome

Religious Sign Banned from LFO High School Game

I'm somehow still amazed when fundies start shouting about first amendment rights, and somehow ignore that they are representing a governme…

Started by Tyson Hager

1 Sep 30, 2009
Reply by Brian

Knox Gramma School

The Knox Gramma School is run by the Uniting Church. Another teacher, the fifth so far, has been charged with child sex offences. Another a…

Started by Luke

1 Apr 29, 2009
Reply by The Irreverent Mr Black

Federal Judge Bans 'In God We Still Trust'

Injunction Keeps Song From Being Used By Elementary School Seriously, in what world did these teachers think it was okay for these kids to…

Started by Aiden

3 Apr 17, 2009
Reply by Medusa

Christian kindness at its creepiest:

Anglican school teachers charged with sexual assault. What better place is there to hide? Being good Christians, these teachers would have…

Started by Luke

3 Feb 22, 2009
Reply by Luke

RSS

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service