All Discussions Tagged 'reason' (10)

← Back to Atheist News
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Raising a Child Without Religion, or Faith

Every two or three blocks on the avenues of downtown Brooklyn, a big old stone church rises from the ranks of the brownstones. A couple of…

Started by A Former Member

2 May 20, 2013
Reply by A Former Member

National Day of Reason proclamation read before Congress

Read into the record today by Rep. Pete Stark, the only openly atheist member of Congress. More here.   Rep. Pete Stark, Democrat CA-13th…

Started by Hugh Kramer

3 May 6, 2011
Reply by Joseph P

Bananaman Ray Comfort thanks Atheists for Billboards

Ray Comfort, otherwise known as the Banana Man, is thanking the American Atheists for their "You know it's a myth" billboard campaign. Ray…

Started by The Big Blue Frog

4 Dec 2, 2010
Reply by Joseph P

Copenhagen Declaration on Religion in Public Life

LINK: Copenhagen Declaration on Religion in Public Life The recent Gods and Politics conference in Copenhagen adopted the following Declar…

Started by Glenn Sogge

2 Jun 29, 2010
Reply by Meddlesome

Mojave Cross, subject of recent Supreme Court ruling, torn down by vandals

As an American who is part of a society where civil and reasonably fair means of arbitration are available, I strongly condemn whoever comm…

Started by Hugh Kramer

15 May 17, 2010
Reply by Jo Jerome

Happy ending to Monterrey Cross debate

A solution has been found for the separation of church and state argument over a 20 foot cross formerly on public property in Monterrey, Ca…

Started by Hugh Kramer

4 Apr 14, 2010
Reply by motrin

Parents in prayer death get 6 months in jail

The Neumann sentence has been handed down. As predicted by Good Reason News writer Billy Deaton, they received far less than 5 years. Only…

Started by Billy Deaton

14 Oct 8, 2009
Reply by Billy Deaton

Which came first, the atheist or the egg?

With magical thinking you can take anything off the merry-go-round of circular logic and keep it internally consistant. Just for laughs, h…

Started by Hugh Kramer

7 Aug 23, 2009
Reply by John Secular Smith

John Stewart Mill and Epicurus Defamed By Christian Columnist

Hey guys, Here is an article about John Stewart Mill and Epicurus that is terribly innacurate. I am going to post my email to the autho…

Started by moJoe

0 Aug 16, 2008

20 Reasons to Abandon Christianity. Like you needed any more.

http://www.freethoughtpedia.com/wiki/20_Reasons_to_abandon_Christianity?r1 It was so well laid out, I had to post it. It's mostly preachi…

Started by moJoe

0 Aug 7, 2008

RSS

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service