All Discussions Tagged 'humanist' (8)

← Back to Atheist News
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Inventor of Palm Pilot joins the Secular Coalition for America

The Secular Coalition for America, a national lobby representing the interests of atheists, humanists, agnostics, freethinkers and other no…

Started by Hugh Kramer

1 Jun 21, 2010
Reply by John Jubinsky

“Do You Think God Hates Us All a Little Bit Right Now?”

A humanist reflects on what faith means to survivors in the wake of disaster. Article by AMANDA KNIEF for HumanistNetworkNews.org June 02…

Started by Aiden

4 Jun 16, 2010
Reply by Jo Jerome

Australian Church Makes Excuses for Priest Who Tried to Exorcise Handicapped Girl

When faith-healing fails, churches blame anything but the practice itself. COLUMN By HEMANT MEHTA Adapted from "The Friendly Atheist." F…

Started by Aiden

1 May 14, 2010
Reply by Pat Burke

Steven Pinker on Textbooks, Culture Wars & the “A” Word

Interview by Marliyn Westfall for HumanistNetworkNews.org May 05, 2010 HNN: What do you think about the current battle over textbooks in T…

Started by Aiden

0 May 6, 2010

Foreign Policy + Religion = Recipe for Disaster

From Humanist Network News The Chicago Council on Global Affairs recently recommended in an 85-page report that the U.S. government develo…

Started by Aiden

1 Mar 13, 2010
Reply by Jo Jerome

What the Joint Statement on Religious Expression in American Public Life Gets Wrong

From Humanist Network News Last week, I had the opportunity to discuss the publication Religious Expression in American Public Life: A Joi…

Started by Aiden

1 Mar 4, 2010
Reply by Tom Thompson

Secular Pinky Swear

Take the Secular Principles Pinky Swear! Join the other 275 folks to date! I, ___________________, strive to live my life according to pr…

Started by A Former Member

6 May 31, 2009
Reply by Phil Cook

The Godless Rise As A Political Force

(I posted a video link that accompanied this story a day ago in the comments section, but here is the story itself.) The Godless Rise As A…

Started by A Former Member

3 Mar 8, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service