All Discussions Tagged 'morals' (10)

← Back to Atheist Morality
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How Religion can make you happy to kill! - Thunderf00t

We talk a lot about the aberrant nature of religion and how its "morality" is so badly skewed by a deity who does as he/she/it pleases and…

Started by Loren Miller

7 Dec 16, 2014
Reply by Jimmy McCann

Excuses, excuses, excuses

I've been cleaning out my inbox and I ran across this blog post that a friend sent to me way back in 2008. It just got buried and forgotten…

Started by A Former Member

4 May 13, 2012
Reply by A Former Member

The biochemistry of love and empathy

An interesting interview on oxytocin and how it may affect our moral impulses.  - Dallas   The biochemistry of love and empathy   In his la…

2 May 12, 2012
Reply by A Former Member

The Emotional Dog and Its Rational Tail: A Social Intuitionist Approach to Moral Judgment

This is an excellent paper that introduces Jonathan Haidt's social intuitionist theory of moral judgment. It is rather long, but well worth…

6 Aug 20, 2011
Reply by A Former Member

Apes, Humans, Aliens, Vampires and Robots

Not a super fantastic essay, but there are some parts here at the very beginning I like very much, though I think he overstates the analyti…

0 Aug 3, 2011

If It Feels Good to Be Good, It Might Be Only Natural

From 2007. I like the moral dilemma Greene poses on page two.  - Dallas If It Feels Good to Be Good, It Might Be Only Natural The e-mail ca…

1 Jul 11, 2011
Reply by Kylyssa Shay

How (and where) does moral judgment work?

Somewhat of a repitition of what I have posted before, but worth reading. PDF attached, or original link here, and brief excerpt below. - D…

2 Jan 18, 2011
Reply by A Former Member

The emerging moral psychology

The emerging moral psychology Experimental results are beginning to shed light on the psychological foundations of our moral beliefs Long t…

2 Jan 15, 2011
Reply by A Former Member

The downside of religious doing

The downside of religious doing Research into the effects of group belonging suggests that its powerful binding effects may have a darker a…

0 Jan 14, 2011

Starting things out.

Well, as I created this group I feel morally obligated to make the first post. Hah! See what I just did there? Oh man, I kill me. Anyway,…

Started by Eli

20 Jul 29, 2008
Reply by Mark C.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service