All Discussions Tagged 'ethics' (13)

← Back to Atheist Morality
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Moral Imagination

Psychotherapist Mary Pipher and Bill McKibben agree that survival depends on expanding our moral imagination. Mary Pipher puts it this way:…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

2 Dec 22, 2012
Reply by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

Excuses, excuses, excuses

I've been cleaning out my inbox and I ran across this blog post that a friend sent to me way back in 2008. It just got buried and forgotten…

Started by A Former Member

4 May 13, 2012
Reply by A Former Member

Empathy and the Origins of Cruelty

Empathy and the Origins of Cruelty How important is our brain’s empathy circuit and what happens to society when it doesn’t work properly?…

3 Sep 13, 2011
Reply by A Former Member

The Emotional Dog and Its Rational Tail: A Social Intuitionist Approach to Moral Judgment

This is an excellent paper that introduces Jonathan Haidt's social intuitionist theory of moral judgment. It is rather long, but well worth…

6 Aug 20, 2011
Reply by A Former Member

Apes, Humans, Aliens, Vampires and Robots

Not a super fantastic essay, but there are some parts here at the very beginning I like very much, though I think he overstates the analyti…

0 Aug 3, 2011

If It Feels Good to Be Good, It Might Be Only Natural

From 2007. I like the moral dilemma Greene poses on page two.  - Dallas If It Feels Good to Be Good, It Might Be Only Natural The e-mail ca…

1 Jul 11, 2011
Reply by Kylyssa Shay

The Science of Right and Wrong

The Science of Right and Wrong Ever since the rise of modern science, an almost impregnable wall separating it from religion, morality and…

3 Apr 12, 2011
Reply by Tonya Wynn

Mob Morality: The Dangers of Repugnance as Moral Authority

Mob Morality: The Dangers of Repugnance as Moral AuthorityWhat is it about topics like incest, bestiality, necrophilia and cannibalism that…

49 Mar 31, 2011
Reply by Tonya Wynn

The emerging moral psychology

The emerging moral psychology Experimental results are beginning to shed light on the psychological foundations of our moral beliefs Long t…

2 Jan 15, 2011
Reply by A Former Member

About the Basis of Morality

In a blog post about intellectual property (which is its own can of worms), the author stated: ... moral questions come up when there is a…

Started by Glenn Sogge

17 Jan 6, 2011
Reply by Tonya Wynn

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service