Views: 174

Replies to This Discussion

Humans can really come up with some kooky stuff.

Love the responses from the fisherman! This was hilarious!

Yes, they were tough...that's what they did...I had to re-circumcise them to get them to listen...another miracle that never made the front pages.

Jesus

He seems to have some serious control issues, let alone delusions. 

I wonder how many people had a similar reaction in Jesus's time (assuming he existed at all)? There was a number of people making claims like this at this period. I imagine jesus sought out the most supersticious people he could find, such as, oh I don't know, lets say fisherman and also taxmen desperate for friends.

I wonder if he was smart enough to make a primative megaphone out of papyrus or perhaps wood, he was a carpenter alledgedly?

"I imagine jesus sought out the most superstitious people he could find"

Yep

That's not narrowing it down much, in that time period.  Most people were uneducated in any kind of science and were quite superstitious.  Hell, even science of the time period had a lot of what we now know to be ridiculous ideas.

If you watch 'Deadliest Catch' you'll see why I chose fisherman (or crabbers in their case).

Cephas...no, oh I know, you are really big, how about Peter. :)

Cephas sounds kinda dumb...like wuse.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Patricia replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
3 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Loren Miller's discussion Christmas: Behind the Curtain (The Thinking Atheist) in the group Hang With Friends
10 minutes ago
Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
12 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
17 minutes ago
Warren Jappe replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
24 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Atheist Andrea's discussion Are you open about being an atheist or are you in the closet?
25 minutes ago
28 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
29 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Loren Miller's discussion Christmas: Behind the Curtain (The Thinking Atheist) in the group Hang With Friends
31 minutes ago
Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
32 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan posted discussions
35 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Loren Miller's discussion Christmas: Behind the Curtain (The Thinking Atheist) in the group Hang With Friends
39 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service