Love a good scare? Well I'm into Zombie movies and Supernatural Horror, but a good suspenseful film can sometime scratch that itch.

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

I just saw the Mist and I really liked it. It's kind of inderectly a monster flick but it's really the characters in the story who are the scariest. It's about religious lunacy too. It also has a lot of dark humor.

As far as zombie movies; I like the 28 days later and 28 weeks later movies. I also like zombie comedy movies like "Shaun of the Dead" and "Night of the Living Dorks."
I've not seen 28 Weeks later, but count both 28 Dyas Later and Shuan of the Dead in my collection (as well as the "Evil Dead Trilogy").

I tend to prefer supernatural horror films because I can easily tell "it's not real" and "this could never really happen", but horror movies based on serial killers or other sadists always unsettle me...

I've not seen "Night of the Living Dorks"... although somehow I think I live it every other saturday with my D&D game group...
Oh yeah, the Mist has a priceless Christian in it. Decent flick anyway, but she really made it worth watching.
Oooh, I love a good scare! But I need someone with me when I'm watched a good horror flick =(
Well this is nothing new...
I pack this in with "Supernatural horror" and include it into the genre of horror I do enjoy, "The Devil Comes to Town" is one of my favorite ideas in horror movies, although a lot on my list of that theme are not horror movies: The Devil's Advocate, Needful Things, The Witches of Eastwick, Prophecy.
I think horror films have an endless source of material in the Bible. The Bible is full of great science fiction stories, and its authors' purpose was numerous times to scare the shit out of people. I think we might particularly enjoy religious horror films because they present us with a world where there's actually a God, they get in our heads the doubt, the idea of "what if this all were true". Watching those type of movies allow us atheists to fantasize about God existing in a safe way, without having to feel guilty or worried about having doubts.
Swallow this... *BLAM!*
One of my favorite zombie movie at the moment, while not specifically being a horror, is Fido with the great Billy Connolly as a recently domesticated zombie belonging to a nice family in a walled-in town of survivors of a zombie holocaust, with hints of 1950's era cold war undertones. Think Lassie, but an undead guy. Brilliant.

Choice quotes:

School Children: [singing] In the brain and not the chest. Head shots are the very best.

Bill Robinson: I'd say I'm a pretty darn good father. My father tried to eat me, I don't remember trying to eat Timmy.
Helen Robinson: Bill, just because your father tried to eat you, does that mean we all have to be unhappy... forever?
A series of horror movies that I really liked was Ginger Snaps. It is a werewolf movie which uses its theme as a metaphor for burgeoning adolescence. The two actresses in the leads roles were wonderful in it. It has blood and guts and is very well written with many humorous bits and a tragic ending. The two sequels were very good as well.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service