I'm a big fan of Kung-Fu movies, I'll be posting a list of my collection later this evening, but here's a place for all Martial-arts Action Movie fans to talk about the latest round of Kickassery they viewed.

Tags: cinema, film, kung-fu, martial arts, movies

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

First i want to say that if you're at all into martial arts films I highly encourage you to check out the releases currently being put out by Dragon Dynasty. It's an effort by Quentin Terantino who is buying up rights to Hong Kong and Mainland chinese films and giving them a very good DVD treatment, I highly encourage any true fans to check out these releases, they are well worth the extra cash they cost.
So here's a list of my Kung Fu movie collection (that I can recall):
36th Chamber of Shaolin
King Boxer
My Young Auntie
The One Armed Swordsman
Legendary Weapons of China
Master of the Flying Guillotine
Last Hurrah for Chivalry
The Royal Tramp Collection
Killzone
Seven Swords
Iron Monkey
Drunken Master
Legend of Drunken Master
Drunken Monkey
Shaolin Drunken Monk
New Legend of Shaolin
Once Upon a Time in China Trilogy
The One
Fearless
War
Fearless Hyena
Spiritual Kung-Fu
New Fist of Fury
Swordsman II
Hero
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
House of Flying Daggers
The Protector
Ong-Bak
Shaolin Soccer
Kung-Fu hustle
God of Cooking

I'm a big fan of Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Stephen Chow, Gordon Liu and Chia-Liang Liu (Lau Kar-Leung).
No, I've not seen that one, I'll definitely check it out next time I head out to pick up some more for the collection. There's a heap of material out there to choose from and the range of quality is huge.

I want to pick up some more of Jimmy Wang Yu's flicks, i know he did a heap more "one armed boxer" type films.
Apparently there was a fall-out between Jimmy Wang Yu and the Shaw studios and he went on to make his own films (replacing the "Swordsman" with "Boxer" and did several films, Master of the Flying Guillotine being one of them). I've only seen Master of the Flying Guillotine and The One Armed Swordsmen.

I've been reading a lot and listening to a lot of commentary tracks, which is dangerous as it makes me want to go out and buy even more films... if i can find them.
New films incoming... someone gave me an amazon gift certificate, so it was time to order away some of the Dragon Dynasty titles I'd yet to pick up:

Hard Boiled (not Kung-Fu, but John Woo and Chow-Yun Fat... Hong Kong's finest.
The Legend of the Black Scorpion
Come Drink with Me
Heroes of the East
Tai Chi Master

also picked up the Blade Runner special edition
Iron Monkey is my favorite so far. I've yet to find one I like better.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service