All Discussions Tagged 'Cinema' (9)

← Back to Atheist Cinema
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What do you consider to be the best films ever made?

Taking into consideration some of the following: 1. Great production and direction 2. Great cinematic execution, good photography, sets, c…

Started by A Former Member

119 Mar 21, 2013
Reply by Craigart14

Salon.com: The 10 best indie movies of 2008

The 10 best indie movies of 2008 As I reported a few days ago, film industry insiders at all levels of the business say, universally but a…

5 Jul 30, 2009
Reply by Little Name Atheist

Repulsion (1965), directed by Roman Polanski

Repulsion (1965), directed by Roman Polanski Repulsion is a little-known film, except perhaps to film buffs, and is among my favorite Po…

1 Jul 29, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

Looking for Langston (1989), directed by Isaac Julien

Looking for Langston (1989), directed by Isaac Julien (Note: This article has been cross-posted in Ars Poetica, and Athiest Cinema.) I…

0 Jan 10, 2009

Begotten (1991), a film by E. Elias Merhige

Begotten (1991), a film by E. Elias MerhigeIf you have not seen Begotten yet, you need to have this experience. Although the DVD Theatrica…

0 Jan 7, 2009

Grigori Kozintsev’s Hamlet (1964)

Grigori Kozintsev’s Hamlet (1964) (Note: This has been cross-posted in Lovers of Shakespeare and Atheist Cinema.) Just watched this DVD…

0 Jan 3, 2009

Helter Skelter (1976), directed by Tom Gries

Helter Skelter (1976), directed by Tom Gries (Note: This has been cross-posted in Atheist Cinema and All Things Chthonic.) I can rememb…

0 Jan 2, 2009

Year of the Dog (2007), directed by Mike White

Year of the Dog (2007), directed by Mike White I just came across this movie earlier this year. I don’t usually go for comedies, but thi…

0 Dec 13, 2008

Kissed (1997), directed by Lynne Stopkewich

Kissed (1997), directed by Lynne Stopkewich All lovers of weird stuff will probably like this film. I’ve only seen it once, and while I…

0 Dec 10, 2008

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service