All Discussions Tagged 'movies' (31)

← Back to Atheist Cinema
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Picture of Dorian Gray (1945), directed by Albert Lewin

A nice adaptation of the book. You should read the novel if you have not already.  - DGThe Picture of Dorian Gray (1945), directed by Alb…

Started by A Former Member

0 Nov 13, 2010

Through a Glass Darkly (1961), directed by Ingmar Bergman

Through a Glass Darkly (1961), directed by Ingmar Bergman Through a Glass Darkly is a 1961 Swedish film written and directed by Ingmar Be…

2 Oct 23, 2010
Reply by Jaume

The Unknown (1927), directed by Tod Browning

The Unknown (1927), directed by Tod BrowningThis version looks like an updated version, with new title cards, music, and sound effects, b…

0 Sep 2, 2010

Watership Down

I read this book in high school, and remembered liking it then. However, I tried reading one of his other books, The Plague Dogs, several y…

0 Aug 27, 2010

Baby Doll (1956), directed by Elia Kazan

Baby Doll (1956), directed by Elia KazanClassic Tennessee Williams! A troubling look at human avarice and desire. - DGFrom Amazon.com:An…

0 Aug 25, 2010

The Murder that Changed the Movies

The Murder that Changed the Movies Fifty years ago, death on the silver screen was typically quite decorous. Women swooned and expired in…

5 Aug 24, 2010
Reply by A Former Member

La Belle et La Bête (1946), directed by Jean Cocteau

La Belle et La Bête (1946), directed by Jean Cocteau   I first saw this film when Phillip Glass did it as an opera. He played the film hi…

1 Aug 14, 2010
Reply by A Former Member

Storm Warning (2007), directed by Jamie Blanks

Storm Warning (2007), directed by Jamie Blanks I watched this last night. It was pretty run-of-the-mill as horror movies go—certainly not…

0 May 5, 2010

Bad Ass Movie Monsters and Villains

Okay, which movie monsters and villains do you think are the most bad ass? For me, it’s pretty easy. The number one bad ass movie monster i…

7 Apr 3, 2010
Reply by Jaume

Samurai Rebellion (1967), directed by Masaki Kobayashi

I'm not going to write a review of this, just provide some links for you. This is one of my favorite samurai films. Video clip in the co…

1 Feb 25, 2010
Reply by A Former Member

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service