All Discussions Tagged 'movie' (37)

← Back to Atheist Cinema
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Shades of Darkness | PBS Mystery! Series

Shades of Darkness | PBS Mystery! Series This is a decent collection of short films based on various short stories. I’m not going to say…

Started by A Former Member

1 Oct 26, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

The Orphanage (2007), directed by Juan Antonio Bayona

The Orphanage (2007), directed by Juan Antonio Bayona Here is another decent ghost movie, as we creep our way to Halloween. A woman who…

0 Oct 24, 2009

The Changling (1980), directed by Peter Medak

The Changling (1980), directed by Peter Medak In keeping with my pre-Halloween theme, here is another ghost movie. This is not among the…

1 Oct 18, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

The Haunting (1963), directed by Robert Wise

The Haunting (1963), directed by Robert Wise I love this movie. I’ve seen it so many times I’ve lost count. It is an adaptation of Shirl…

0 Oct 14, 2009

The Innocents (1961), directed by Jack Clayton

The Innocents (1961), directed by Jack Clayton This is the 1961 version of Henry James’s novel Turn of the Screw. I’ve read the book, an…

0 Oct 12, 2009

Lilies (1996), directed by John Greyson

Lilies (1996), directed by John Greyson Lilies is a wonderfully sweet, sexy, and tragic film about love between two young men, and the r…

0 Oct 5, 2009

The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros (2005), directed by Auraeus Solito

The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros(2005), directed by Auraeus Solito I ran across this at the library, and picked it up because I didn’t…

4 Aug 30, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

The Life and Times of Frida Kahlo (2004), directed by Amy Stechler

The Life and Times of Frida Kahlo (2004), directed by Amy Stechler Just watched this fantastic documentary on Frida Kahlo. There were lo…

0 Aug 29, 2009

Incubus (1965), directed by Leslie Stevens

Incubus (1965), directed by Leslie Stevens I love this movie. It is just beautifully shot, and the film quality is gorgeous. This was th…

0 Aug 29, 2009

Pinky (1949), directed by Elia Kazan and John Ford

Pinky (1949), directed by Elia Kazan and John Ford I saw this once maybe 13 years ago, and remembered liking it at the time. However, op…

0 Aug 6, 2009

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service