All Discussions Tagged 'cinema' (67)

← Back to Atheist Cinema
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Murder that Changed the Movies

The Murder that Changed the Movies Fifty years ago, death on the silver screen was typically quite decorous. Women swooned and expired in…

Started by A Former Member

5 Aug 24, 2010
Reply by A Former Member

La Belle et La Bête (1946), directed by Jean Cocteau

La Belle et La Bête (1946), directed by Jean Cocteau   I first saw this film when Phillip Glass did it as an opera. He played the film hi…

1 Aug 14, 2010
Reply by A Former Member

Orphée (1949), directed by Jean Cocteau

Orphée (1949), directed by Jean Cocteau Orpheus (French: Orphée) is a 1949 French film directed by Jean Cocteau and starring Jean Marais. T…

0 Jul 24, 2010

Dersu Uzala (1977), directed by Akira Kurosawa

Dersu Uzala (1977), directed by Akira Kurosawa I saw this movie years ago and liked it very much. I’ve been meaning to post it for some…

0 Jul 12, 2010

Animal Screams Manipulate Movie Audiences

Animal Screams Manipulate Movie Audiences One reason why "The Exorcist" and "The Shining" scared audiences so much is that both had a lot…

1 Jul 4, 2010
Reply by Little Name Atheist

Aguirre, the Wrath of God (1977), directed by Werner Herzog

Aguirre, the Wrath of God (1977), directed by Werner Herzog I’ve seen this twice, but it was years ago. It popped into my head the other d…

9 May 26, 2010
Reply by A Former Member

Storm Warning (2007), directed by Jamie Blanks

Storm Warning (2007), directed by Jamie Blanks I watched this last night. It was pretty run-of-the-mill as horror movies go—certainly not…

0 May 5, 2010

A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)Release date: April 30, 2010Just found out about it. Looks like it could be a potentially good remake. Can…

3 Apr 19, 2010
Reply by A Former Member

The Perfect Human, by Jørgen Leth

0 Apr 9, 2010

Bad Ass Movie Monsters and Villains

Okay, which movie monsters and villains do you think are the most bad ass? For me, it’s pretty easy. The number one bad ass movie monster i…

7 Apr 3, 2010
Reply by Jaume

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

The Devian replied to Rick Springfield's discussion Scientific Adam and Eve in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
14 minutes ago
Grinning Cat added a discussion to the group Health & Fitness
24 minutes ago
Grinning Cat replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Ebola contagion through air in the group Health & Fitness
45 minutes ago
L. Alcorn replied to L. Alcorn's discussion Early Christianity
1 hour ago
Patricia replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Don't leave your keys on your desk: company copies keys from photos for $6 in the group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
Loren Miller replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Don't leave your keys on your desk: company copies keys from photos for $6 in the group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
Steve replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Don't leave your keys on your desk: company copies keys from photos for $6 in the group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
The Devian replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
1 hour ago
Loren Miller replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Don't leave your keys on your desk: company copies keys from photos for $6 in the group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
Future replied to MattyLJ's discussion Ever had a family member die
1 hour ago
Michael Penn replied to Freethinker31's discussion Family Values
1 hour ago
Patricia replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Don't leave your keys on your desk: company copies keys from photos for $6 in the group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service