Doesn't seem to be too much activity here, so I'll start!
Let's hear about your rides.
Currently riding a 2006 HD Sportster 1200 custom, two tone paint (red & black), I've got the HD Screaming Eagle pipes and stage 1 intake, brawler solo seat, and a ton of chrome. I currently have about 1700 miles on it, and I just sent in the last payment Monday!
Not a quite a good choice for a first bike, dropped it twice while learning to ride, then late last year, some tool rear ended me. His insurance fixed everything. (Even the damage from where I dropped it.)
It's a good little bike, but lately I've fallen in love with the new 2010, Dyna Wide Glide.
My local dealer is expecting one of the limited editions with the flames last week of September.

Views: 13

Replies to This Discussion

I have a 2005 F650GS with 18k miles. It's my third bike (Honda Shadow andSuzuki Vstrom). It has a zumo 450 GPS, Caribou Side Cases, Givi top case, BMW tank bag, Cee Bailey's windshield. My wife, brother and sister in law have similar setups.
Our big ride of the year is next week. We are leaving from Raleigh, NC to Colorado Springs CO. Meeting my brother and sister in law in Kentucky.
If I could afford a new one, I would get the F800GS or a 1200GSA :-)
A buddy of mine rides an older BMW sport bike, they make some nice bikes.
I've spent a lot of time this year looking at his tail-lights. ; )
With your 1200 I would be the one seeing tail-lights. :-) Anything is 2 wheels is fun.
I bought an 86 Honda Nighthawk 750 this spring. I've been learning to ride over the summer and have just started out on the highways. I'm probably over-cautious, but I just figure I should comfortable with what I'm doing before I push too far. I am aiming to cruise the trail in Nova Scotia or a long weekend trip to Quebec City or even Ottawa by the end of Fall.
We rode the Cabot Trail last year and it was awesome. The roads where great for riding.
I was surprise at RVs that where going through some of the curves.
Meat Cove was a great stop.
Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure to add it to the trip. How long did it take to get there and back from home? I really want to see more of both our countries when I get more comfortable with highway and long distance riding.
It took us around 26hrs from Raleigh to Nova Scotia. That was split into 3 days. We met my brother and sister in law in Pennsylvania. We all have the same bikes. We enjoy living like nomads and admiring all the scenery. It was a great trip even with the trouble we ran into.
My wife was hit by an SUV in Connecticut. She handled it better that I would have. Her left side case was busted and her left peg was bent. She didn't drop the bike. We got her a replacement case at Gengras BMW and went on our way. She drove with her left peg bent for the rest of the trip. I don't think I could have.
My chain broke at the beginning of the trail and had to get a replacement. The only shop around, not a BMW one, took parts from a 1997 F650gs it was storing and got us on our way. The replacement wasn't the correct one so it broke again on our way back in Maine.
It probably sounds very bad but we had a great time. Met a lot of helpful people on the way which we would never had met if everything went well.

For our next trip we are hoping for a more boring trip :-)
I attached our route and if you are interested I posted pictures of our trip here

http://picasaweb.google.com/jubalmj/NovaScotia2008#
Attachments:
2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 500. Although I laid it down on my way to Denver a few months ago and while it's repairable, it's still stuck in Denver (a good 600 miles from where I live).

Being more often poor than not, it's not just a motorcycle, it's my I-can't-afford-a-car. In my current situation, I can get around town without motor transport, but I'm really missing it!

About 150,000 miles. No, that isn't a typo. 150,000 miles. Did I mention it's my only car?

In addition to hopefully getting my baby back and repaired soon, Cool Backyard Mechanic #1 is building me a new custom bike. Yes, I'm still poor but this is his art, he insists, and is building it out of existing, used parts for dirt cheap (i.e.; whatever I can send him).

In addition to that I've just partnered with Cool Backyard Mechanic #2 and his partner in crime as they are starting a new Custom Chopper/Motorcycle biz. I'm to be their Webmaster/Network Admin/All Things Computer Geeky.

He teases me about my disloyalty in having my first custom bike built by someone else, saying he'll just have to build me a second bike to compete with Mechanic #1.

Ahhh... it's good to have cool backyard mechanics!
I ride a 1990 Heritage Softail Classic rain, snow or shine. Love it! My favorite ride is "the Snake" up Hwy 421 between Boone, NC and Mountain City Tn. Also love Hwy 7o and Hwy 9 between Asheville and Chimney Rock.
Ha! I think you win the tons-O-gear-on-the-back contest!
And no doubt discovering along the way 101 creative ways to tie 250# of shit down with 101 bungee cords.
Man, I want to do the same thing. Seems like a GREAT adventure!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service