Hi,

Does anyone here do 3d modeling or is interested in getting into it? I'm interested in buying 3d models with an anti-religious theme. And I am interested in funding a 3d modeling project if an artist is proven to be worthy.

Views: 106

Replies to This Discussion

Many years ago, a friend and I were in a discussion, he said that every moment we are alive can be distilled down to four categories: distraction, deception, compromise, and catharsis. When you think about it, every waking moment we are participating in one of these categories. This was the idea, the challenge, to create four lifecasting pieces - 3D human sculptures - that represent the theme of Categories. I am brand new to this site and have no idea how to post pictures yet, but will get back into my profile and see if I can upload some. Anyway, the first category, Distraction, is represented by religion, as it is the great distraction from the truth. The sculpture was of a torso with a cross on a larger, burned wood cross. The other categories were also done with representational aspects of deception (GWB), compromise (the Patriot Act) and catharsis (a bit too complicated to describe here). Anyway, I will try and load some photos and descriptions to my profile once I figure out how. 

I am interested in what you consider "anti-religious" - - I have also done a series of paleolithic cave paintings in 3D relief, an exercise in what some consider the evolutionary origins of our spirituality (or perhaps the predisposition that many have to it) which would also be considered anti-religious for obvious reasons. 

Here are some examples:

and my favorite, though not anti-anything, gives you some idea of what can be done. "Breathe Me" close up. The lyric to the song are etched into the skin. The song is about a young gal who has a cutting problem.

Help, I have done it again
I have been here many times before
Hurt myself again today

And, the worst part is there's no-one else to blame

Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
I'm needy
Warm me up
And breathe me

Ouch I have lost myself again
Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found,
Yeah I think that I might break
I've lost myself again and I feel unsafe

Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
I'm needy
Warm me up
And breathe me

Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
I'm needy
Warm me up
And breathe me

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service