"The cities named include Tampa, Phoenix, San Francisco, Portland (Ore.), Denver, Boston, Seattle, San Diego, Atlanta and Minneapolis. The list was compiled after reviewing the top 25 standard metropolitan areas for such data as cat ownership per capita, level of veterinary care, microchipping and cat-friendly local ordinances. The CATalyst Council hopes to include shelter data in the 2010 list."

I suspect my cohabi-tater and I are seen as freaks by some of our neighbors, as we take our cats out for walks in our field, and have banned dogs from coming onto our property. A lot of folks around here don't see cats quite on par with dogs. I'd love to live in an area where cats are treated better. Maybe one of my missions is to dispel myths about cats.

Tags: CATalyst Council, US 10 most cat friendly cities

Views: 8

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't see Chicago on the list, but most apartment buildings here allow cats but not dogs.

Most people here live with at least one cat.

And I know of at least one animal health care center that only accepts cats. Cats rule here!
Chicago sounds great for cats! Maybe Chicago will be on the list next time, or maybe they'll post a complete list of all places that are cat friendly. That would be helpful!
Damn you yanks, and your American centric lists :P.

I wonder where Toronto would fit on that list, it is one of the most pet friendly cities I have ever lived in (granted I have only lived in two cities). Practically everyone here has an animal companion of some form or another. Most neighbourhoods have local vets (mine has no less then four within walking distance), pet care is serious business here. Dogs and cats are freely allowed onto public transport without any complaints, I often see people with pets on my way into work in the morning. Cats and dogs are pretty much on equal footing here, at least I haven't noticed a sided preference for one or another.
To foreigners, a Yankee is an American.
To Americans, a Yankee is a Northerner.
To Northerners, a Yankee is an Easterner.
To Easterners, a Yankee is a New Englander.
To New Englanders, a Yankee is a Vermonter.
And in Vermont, a Yankee is somebody who eats pie for breakfast.
--E.B. White

I would say that pets allowed on public transport makes TO very cat friendly. Also, its refreshing to hear of a place where cats are on equal footing.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service