I found this in the most excellent online comic "The Far Left Side", a tribute to "The Far Side" by Gary Larson.

Now for the poll:  How many cats must you own to be considered officially crazy?  
One must scroll down a wee bit for it.

I, of course, chose "Screw you! Cats are teh AWESOME!!!!"

Addendum: In future, if you come across a cat related poll, please post about it here.

Tags: cat polls, poll, polls, polls about cats

Views: 11

Replies to This Discussion

If you think you "own" a cat, you're crazy.
Heh. Of course.
If you think you "own" a cat, you're crazy.

Awesome.
No arbitrary number. I've known households with 7 cats. One of these was a small row house. I think the question should be something more like how many cats per square foot do you need to be considered crazy.
...or a cat shelter.
I think the question should be something more like how many cats per square foot do you need to be considered crazy.

In that case, 3 cats in my 140' RV probably qualifies me.
3 cats in my 140' RV probably qualifies me.

As a kind person who gave them more than a small cage to move around in?
I reckon one cat per room is do-able. The problem is convincing my cohabi-tater.

Hi.  I'm new here, and even though I am catless at the moment because of financial difficulties (which I'm slowly crawling out from under), I have is a serious answer to the question: You are (anyone is) "officially crazy," the legal term is a "hoarder," if you have more cats than you can afford to take care of, provide veterinary care for, clean up after, or if you call your place a shelter but refuse to spay and neuter or adopt out... any of "your" cats.  And hoarding pets is considered a psychiatric disorder.

Sorry to throw cold water on what was intended to be mildly funny, but I've been involved with a little local newspaper that is devoted to pet rescue and welfare for the past 10 years,  and we have run across too many incidents of hoarding in that time.  One woman had over 200 (!!!!) Chihuahuas...all in appalling condition by the time they were rescued and taken away from her.

Things like that give me nightmares.

I concur with sk8eycat: you are crazy (and cruel) if you "own" more cats than you are capable of taking care of. For some people, that number may very well be one. Cats deserve a decent life, too.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service