Feel free to post other known health issues, or product recalls/dangers as they pop up in the news, in this discussion.
This may be an old notice, but I'd rather get this information out late, than find that someone in the community might have prevented making their cat sick from using these products.
Certain over-the-counter flea and tick product induced salivating, twitching, seizures, and in some instances, death. The brands involved were Adams, Sargents, Hartz, and others and included the popular product "Biospot".
Evidently the culprit was pyrethrin or permethrin. In some cases, owners administered too much product or "split" a dog dose. This resulted in them overdosing their cat. Some cats had been given the proper dose, but were allergic to Biospot.