When a fire erupted in a Middletown, Virginia home, a mother and son narrowly escaped, but their cat was still inside. The feline in the flames, named Lucky, proved to live up to its name when it was rescued by Stephens City volunteer firefighter Pete Quinones, pictured above with the saved cat.  

http://animaltracks.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/01/8582917-fe...

Good news for the cat!

Views: 74

Replies to This Discussion

Someone I knew who worked in volunteer firefighting said that they tried to save whoever they could (including pets).

I also saw a video of a rescue guy who found a kitten and saved it by mouth to mouth? I am going to look for that now!

I know somebody who went from working at Paramount to teaching pet first aid, including CPR and mouth-to-mouth.

http://www.sunnydogink.com/

I have also seen that some local fire depts. are carrying small oxygen masks for infants and/or pets.  IMO firefighters are real heroes/heroines.

(and my computer iz froze up.  More later. K?)

Thanks so much for the link!

That link isn't working, for some reason...here's her resume'

Denise Fleck's Summary

After years in the Entertainment Industry, I have truly GONE TO THE DOGS! As a free-lance writer, author and guest lecturer and through television appearances, I try to share important life-saving skills as well as the basics to help our pets live longer, happier, healthier lives with us. My company also has its own line of Pet First-Aid Kits containing more than 60 items to help YOU help YOUR pet! Check out my website and read my articles in magazines including: Dog Sport, Dog Fancy, Dogs USA, Dog Days in LA and The Pet Press.

Specialties

Public Speaking, Publicity, Large Dog Handler, Product Development

Denise Fleck's Experience

Owner, Top Dog and Leader of the Pack

Sunny-dog Ink  

1999Present (12 years)

Helping YOU to Help YOUR Pet through Pet First-Aid & CPR Instruction and Sunny-dog Ink's line of Pet First-Aid Kits. Denise Fleck is a guest speaker at Children's Libraries, Dog Clubs, Museums, Pet Day Care facilities and other venues where she shares tips on improving your Senior Pet's life, Pet Disaster Preparedness and all aspects of Animal Care and Pet Responsibility. She is also a free-lance writer for Dog Fancy, Dogs for Kids, Dogs USA, Paw Print and Dog Days in L.A. Magazines and is currently authoring several books.

Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; VIA; Entertainment industry

January 1987March 1996 (9 years 3 months)

Pitch actors and filmmakers to various print and broadcast outlets for appearances in conjunction with films' release. Wrote press releases and kits, helped organize press junkets, conferences and screenings; supervised interviews and photo shoots as well as television appearances for Paramount's film talent.

Manager, Pay TV

Paramount Pictures

Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; VIA; Entertainment industry

August 1985January 1987 (1 year 6 months)

Programming

WOFL-TV35 Fox

19821985 (3 years)

Thanks so much for the post sk8eycat!

She does Pet first-aid and CPR - that is wonderful!

Awesome! I would love to see the video!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service