Curiosity has fed more cats than it's killed. ...Stephen Goldin

Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use. ...Mark Twain

Cats always know whether people like or dislike them. They do not always care enough to do anything about it. ...Winifred Carriere

Views: 20

Replies to This Discussion

God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant and the cat. He has no real style, He just goes on trying other things. - Pablo Picasso
Heh. Not much of an argument for "intelligent design".
There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

Cats were put into the world to disprove the dogma that all things were created to serve man. - Paul Gray

The problem with cats is that they get the same exact look whether they see a moth or an axe murderer. - Paula Poundstone

Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want. - Joseph Wood Krutch
Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want. - Joseph Wood Krutch

They are my role models.
If cats could talk, they wouldn't. ~Nan Porter
If there is one spot of sun spilling onto the floor, a cat will find it and soak it up. ~J.A. McIntosh
Thankfully, we have more than one spot, because I'm sure the dynamic duo here would fight over it.
Pangur, white Pangur, How happy we are
Alone together, scholar and cat.

-- W. H. Auden [set to music by Samuel Barber]
Haven't heard that one in a long time. Lovely!
It's part of a song cycle by Samuel Barber ... and yes, it is VERY charming!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

-- Robert A. Heinlein
I bought me a cat.
My cat pleased me.
I fed my cat under yonder tree.
My cat says, "Fiddle-aye-fie!"

-- "I Bought Me a Cat," from Aaron Copland's Old American Songs

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service