Calli May 16th 2003 - Feb 9th 2011. 

Larry Johnson

9 February 2011 

Life is full of lessons. I have never been much of a cat person. A few too short years back one of our cats had a litter of kittens. After their eyes were open Laura and I was laying in bed one night. We heard tiny little claws making their way up the side of the bed. This tiny little head popped up and looked at us. She looked really excited and walked up and slept between us. I had never seen such as small cat abandon her mother and the rest of the litter at such a young age to go sleep with people. If she was on the floor and I walked by she would roll over on her back and bat her paws at my wanting to play. She was so tiny when she was doing this. There was something really special about this cat. She slept with us all of her life. 

Laura started telling me that I was forgetting to flush the toilet after I used it as there was pee in it. I told her that it was not me that was doing it. One day I was standing outside of the bathroom. The door was slightly open. I heard a tinkle, tinkle sound coming from the bathroom. I opened the door and Calli our cat was using the toilet. I could not believe it. It was hard to catch her in the act because she would stop and get down if she heard somebody coming. I finally got that picture. I talked to a couple of animal trainers and that it is extremely rare that a cat can even be trained to do this. This cat did many things that I never saw cats do. 

She always gave as much affection as she got or more. She had her ways of telling you if she wanted something. She would gently reach out and tap you with one of her paw to get your attention then she would show you what she needed. If I was in a bad mood she could cheer me up when nobody else could. 

A couple years back I was blindsided with rheumatoid arthritis and could not get out of bed for a couple of weeks. Calli never left my side except for short food or bathroom breaks. 

If you are a pet owner I hope that someday you have an animal like her. 

Cancer took her today. Calli May 16th 2003 - Feb 9th 2011. 

She will be sorely missed.

Tags: Calli, toilet

Views: 42

Replies to This Discussion

I ran across this photo and tribute to Calli this morning while looking at Larry's album and want to share it with you. 

Sounds like a wonderful cat, and visually reminds me more than a little of my buddy, Morris.  Thanks for this heartfelt piece, Joan.

A wonderful story, Joan, and a very special cat!

What an extraordinary cat! Thanks for sharing.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service