All Discussions Tagged 'poems' (11)

← Back to ARS POETICA
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sexpot, by Charles Bukowski

Sexpot "you know," she said, "you were at the bar so you didn't see but I danced with this guy. we danced and we danced close. but I di…

Started by A Former Member

0 Nov 23, 2012

I years had been from home, by Emily Dickinsen

I years had been from home, And now, before the door, I dared not open, lest a face I never saw before   Stare vacant into mine And ask my…

3 May 14, 2012
Reply by Steph S.

On Liberty and Slavery, by George Moses Horton (1798–1883)

On Liberty and Slavery  Alas! and am I born for this, To wear this slavish chain? Deprived of all created bliss, Through hardship, toil…

4 Apr 3, 2012
Reply by Steph S.

What lips my lips have kissed (Sonnet XLIII), by Edna St. Vincent Millay

What lips my lips have kissed (Sonnet XLIII)What lips my lips have kissed, and where, and why,I have forgotten, and what arms have lainUnde…

0 Sep 15, 2011

Eros Turannos, by Edwin Arlington Robinson

Eros TurannosShe fears him, and will always ask What fated her to choose him; She meets in his engaging mask All reason to refuse him. But…

0 Sep 8, 2011

Billy Collins: A Poet's Affection For Emily Dickinson

Billy Collins: A Poet's Affection For Emily Dickinson When Emily Dickinson died in the 1880s, she was a reclusive, barely published write…

0 Jul 14, 2010

Always With the Complaining!

Always With the Complaining! The Yiddish verb for complaining, kvetch—literally to squeeze or to crush—has an onomatopoetic quality to m…

0 Dec 2, 2009

The Ideal by Charles Baudelaire

One of my favorites by Baudelaire. A heart like mine will not be satisfied With those vignette-style lovelies, weatherworn- Fingers in cas…

Started by Alise

1 Jun 19, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

Dunya, by Dard and Shad Azimabad

Dunya Old age is coming and youth is slowly slipping away. Where have the days of our lives gone? Tomorrow, other's lips will recount the…

0 Feb 24, 2009

Originals...Be Easy!

These are just a few of my original poems. Antha is my fave...enjoy. The light of the candle has diminished The smoke has vanished into no…

Started by Leslee Love

3 Jan 16, 2009
Reply by Leslee Love

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service