All Discussions Tagged 'life' (8)

← Back to ARS POETICA
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Portrait of the Artist as a Prematurely Old Man, by Ogden Nash

Portrait of the Artist as a Prematurely Old Man It is common knowledge to every schoolboy and even every Bachelor of Arts,That all sin…

Started by A Former Member

0 Dec 16, 2012

Untitled poem by Ernest Dowson (aka: The Days of Wine and Roses)

They are not long, the weeping and the laughter,Love and desire and hate:I think they have no portion in us afterWe pass the gate. They…

2 Dec 9, 2012
Reply by A Former Member

Roll the Dice, by Charles Bukowski

Roll the Dice if you're going to try, go all theway.otherwise, don't even start. if you're going to try, go all theway.this could mean l…

0 Nov 27, 2012

In the Morning of Life, by Thomas Moore

In the Morning of Life In the morning of life, when its cares are unknown, And its pleasures in all their new lustre begin, When we live i…

1 Nov 15, 2012
Reply by Steph S.

The Lessons of Grief: In the Civil War, Walt Whitman devised a way to talk about death

The Lessons of Grief: In the Civil War, Walt Whitman devised a way to talk about death Come, lovely and soothing Death, Undulate round th…

0 Nov 12, 2010

The Fly, by William Blake

The Fly Little Fly, Thy summer's play My thoughtless hand Has brushed away. Am not I A fly like thee? Or art not thou A man like me? F…

0 Aug 1, 2009

My Own Epitaph, by John Gay

My Own EpitaphLife is a jest; and all things show it.I thought so once; but now I know it.-- John Gay

0 Jul 10, 2009

A dappled shadow of life

Old Folks At Home They’re circled up, A ghostly desert wagon train, Broken and bleached, Not by use and sun, But by lack of both. They’re…

Started by Chris Brockman

4 Mar 27, 2009
Reply by Chris Brockman

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Sentient Biped replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
9 minutes ago
Christine replied to Sentient Biped's discussion If Atheists spoke to religious people the way religious people speak to atheists"
11 minutes ago
Christine replied to sflmac's discussion God cured Doctor's Ebola disease.
14 minutes ago
John Jubinsky liked Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Ecosystem found under Antarctic ice sheet raises hopes for alien life
17 minutes ago
John Jubinsky replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Ecosystem found under Antarctic ice sheet raises hopes for alien life in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
17 minutes ago
Christine replied to Scot Hinson's discussion Suicide ?!?
20 minutes ago
sflmac posted a discussion
21 minutes ago
ShroudedAtheist joined Steph S.'s group
22 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Flying Spaghetti Monster invades heaven.
32 minutes ago
Meri Weathers shared Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion on Google +1
33 minutes ago
Meri Weathers liked Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Ecosystem found under Antarctic ice sheet raises hopes for alien life
33 minutes ago
ShroudedAtheist joined David Thornton's group
34 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service