All Discussions Tagged 'death' (26)

← Back to ARS POETICA
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Untitled poem by Ernest Dowson (aka: The Days of Wine and Roses)

They are not long, the weeping and the laughter,Love and desire and hate:I think they have no portion in us afterWe pass the gate. They…

Started by A Former Member

2 Dec 9, 2012
Reply by A Former Member

To An Athlete Dying Young, by A E Housman

To An Athlete Dying Young THE time you won your town the race We chaired you through the market-place; Man and boy stood cheering by, An…

3 Dec 3, 2012
Reply by A Former Member

Because I Could Not Stop for Death, by Emily Dickinson

Because I Could Not Stop for Death Because I could not stop for Death –  He kindly stopped for me –  The Carriage held but just Ourse…

0 Nov 30, 2012

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, by Dylan Thomas

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night Do not go gentle into that good night,Old age should burn and rave at close of day;Rage, rage agai…

1 Nov 27, 2012
Reply by Ian Mason

A Dog Has Died, by Pablo Neruda

A Dog Has DiedMy dog has died.I buried him in the gardennext to a rusted old machine.Some day I'll join him right there,but now he's gone w…

1 Jan 6, 2011
Reply by Math Geek

The Lessons of Grief: In the Civil War, Walt Whitman devised a way to talk about death

The Lessons of Grief: In the Civil War, Walt Whitman devised a way to talk about death Come, lovely and soothing Death, Undulate round th…

0 Nov 12, 2010

Richard Corey, by Edwin Arlington Robinson

Richard Corey   WHENEVER Richard Cory went down town,     We people on the pavement looked at him:   He was a gentleman from sole to cro…

2 Nov 5, 2010
Reply by A Former Member

Ted Hughes poem on Sylvia Plath published

Ted Hughes poem on Sylvia Plath published LONDON – The late British poet laureate Ted Hughes repeatedly tried to perfect a poem describing…

0 Oct 7, 2010

Requiem, by Robert Louis Stevenson

Requiem Under the wide and starry sky, Dig the grave and let me lie. Glad did I live and gladly die, And I laid me down with a will. This…

0 Aug 18, 2010

To the Dead in the Graveyard Underneath My Window, by Adelaide Crapsey

To the Dead in the Graveyard Underneath My Window by Adelaide Crapsey (1878 – 1914) Written in a moment of exasperation How can you lie s…

0 Mar 31, 2010

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service