All Discussions Tagged 'poem' (103)

← Back to ARS POETICA
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

No Master, by William Henry Davies

No Master Indeed this is the sweet life! my hand Is under no proud man's command; There is no voice to break my rest Before a bird has left…

Started by A Former Member

0 Dec 8, 2012

To An Athlete Dying Young, by A E Housman

To An Athlete Dying Young THE time you won your town the race We chaired you through the market-place; Man and boy stood cheering by, An…

3 Dec 3, 2012
Reply by A Former Member

Because I Could Not Stop for Death, by Emily Dickinson

Because I Could Not Stop for Death Because I could not stop for Death –  He kindly stopped for me –  The Carriage held but just Ourse…

0 Nov 30, 2012

The World is Too Much With Us, by William Wordsworth

The World is Too Much With Us The world is too much with us; late and soon,Getting and spending, we lay waste our powers;Little we see…

1 Nov 29, 2012
Reply by Steph S.

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, by Dylan Thomas

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night Do not go gentle into that good night,Old age should burn and rave at close of day;Rage, rage agai…

1 Nov 27, 2012
Reply by Ian Mason

Roll the Dice, by Charles Bukowski

Roll the Dice if you're going to try, go all theway.otherwise, don't even start. if you're going to try, go all theway.this could mean l…

0 Nov 27, 2012

The Vampire, by Rudyard Kipling

The Vampire A fool there was and he made his prayer(Even as you or I!)To a rag and a bone and a hank of hair,(We called her the woman who d…

1 Nov 26, 2012
Reply by Steph S.

On the Grasshopper and Cricket, by John Keats

On the Grasshopper and Cricket The Poetry of earth is never dead:   When all the birds are faint with the hot sun,   And hide in cooling tr…

0 Nov 24, 2012

Honour Killing, by Imtiaz Dharker

Honour Killing (In Lahore, in the last year of the twentieth century, A woman was shot by her family in her lawyer’s office. Her crime…

1 Nov 23, 2012
Reply by Kalliope Wörter

Against Coupling, by Fleur Adcock

Against CouplingI write in praise of the solitary act:of not feeling a trespassing tongueforced into one's mouth, one's breathsmothered,…

0 Nov 21, 2012

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Daniel W (Sentient Biped) replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Raëlian DNA research project: Science proves that consecrated wafers are still wheat and not Jesus
4 minutes ago
Joan Denoo commented on Joan Denoo's blog post Feminism
29 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Luara's discussion A naked rambler
35 minutes ago
sk8eycat replied to sk8eycat's discussion California Seems to Be Learning Something in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
40 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Daniel W (Sentient Biped)'s discussion Upscale Sodomites Spread Ebola @ Starbucks!
40 minutes ago
sk8eycat commented on Little Name Atheist's group Atheist Ailurophiles
45 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Raëlian DNA research project: Science proves that consecrated wafers are still wheat and not Jesus
46 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to sk8eycat's discussion California Seems to Be Learning Something in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
50 minutes ago
Joan Denoo liked sk8eycat's discussion California Seems to Be Learning Something
50 minutes ago
matthew greenberg replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
54 minutes ago
sk8eycat replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Raëlian DNA research project: Science proves that consecrated wafers are still wheat and not Jesus
59 minutes ago
Gwaithmir replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Raëlian DNA research project: Science proves that consecrated wafers are still wheat and not Jesus
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service