All Discussions Tagged 'poem' (103)

← Back to ARS POETICA
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Vampire, by Rudyard Kipling

The Vampire A fool there was and he made his prayer (Even as you and I!) To a rag and a bone and a hank of hair (We called her the woman…

Started by A Former Member

2 Apr 8, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

Incident, by Countee Cullen

Incident Once riding in old Baltimore, Heart-filled, head-filled with glee, I saw a Baltimorean Keep looking straight at me. Now I was…

6 Apr 2, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

And ask ye why these sad tears stream?, by Lord Alfred Tennyson

And ask ye why these sad tears stream? And ask ye why these sad tears stream? Why these wan eyes are dim with weeping? I had a dream–a l…

0 Mar 26, 2009

NICK HUGHES, FORMER UAA PROFESSOR AND SYLVIA PLATH'S SON, COMMITS SUICIDE

NICK HUGHES, FORMER UAA PROFESSOR AND SYLVIA PLATH'S SON, COMMITS SUICIDE The son of the poets Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath has taken his…

0 Mar 23, 2009

White Rabbit

Here is another great song that reads like a poem: "White Rabbit", by Jefferson Airplane. I am attaching the original JA version, and an…

2 Mar 17, 2009
Reply by Ravenone

Karolin's Song, by Ben Jonson

Karolin's Song THOUGH I am young, and cannot tell, Either what love, or death is well, Yet I have heard, yet both bear darts, And both d…

3 Mar 17, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

The Wind that Shakes the Barley

Here is another beautifully written song. Click on the title to read the wikipedia entry on it. I’m attaching a slightly edited version as…

5 Mar 14, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

To His Coy Mistress, by Andrew Marvell

To His Coy Mistress Had we but world enough, and time, This coyness, lady, were no crime. We would sit down and think which way To walk,…

0 Mar 5, 2009

Breaking Creation's Ladder

This is something I just put down after waking up from a nap. It's very rough - just words for the images in my fever dream, surely fed by…

Started by Kylyssa Shay

3 Mar 4, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

Please Be Kind, a Valentine's Day Contest Poem

I've included a link to my latest poem on Associated Content. It is my entry for the "Very Short Valentine's Love Poem Contest" on Associat…

Started by Kylyssa Shay

4 Jan 30, 2009
Reply by Chris Brockman

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service