All Discussions Tagged 'love' (34)

← Back to ARS POETICA
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Sleeper, by Edgar Allan Poe

The Sleeper At midnight, in the month of June, I stand beneath the mystic moon. An opiate vapour, dewy, dim, Exhales from out her golden…

Started by A Former Member

1 Oct 16, 2009
Reply by Phillip A. Ellis

My True-Love Hath My Heart, by Sir Philip Sydney (1554 - 1586)

My True-Love Hath My Heart My true-love hath my heart, and I have his, By just exchange one for the other given. I hold his dear, and mi…

0 Sep 19, 2009

And Thou Art Dead, As Young and Fair, by Lord Byron

And Thou Art Dead, As Young and Fair And thou art dead, as young and fair As aught of mortal birth; And form so soft, and charms so rare…

0 Sep 9, 2009

The Flea, by John Donne

The Flea MARK but this flea, and mark in this, How little that which thou deniest me is; It suck'd me first, and now sucks thee, And in…

0 Aug 18, 2009

I Loved You, by Alexander Pushkin

I Loved You I loved you; even now I may confess, Some embers of my love their fire retain; But do not let it cause you more distress, I d…

1 Aug 6, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

Unfortunate Coincidence, by Dorothy Parker

Unfortunate Coincidence By the time you swear you’re his, Shivering and sighing, And he vows his passion is Infinite, undying – Lady, ma…

4 Jul 11, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

Sex Without Love, by Sharon Olds

Sex Without Love How do they do it, the ones who make love without love? Beautiful as dancers, gliding over each other like ice-skaters…

0 Jul 10, 2009

A Moment to Remember, by Alexander Pushkin

A Moment to Remember A magic moment I remember: I raised my eyes and you were there. A fleeting vision, the quintessence Of all that's bea…

0 Jul 8, 2009

Severed Selves, by Dante Gabriel Rossetti

Severed Selves Two separate divided silences, Which, brought together, would find loving voice; Two glances which together would rejoice…

0 Jul 8, 2009

An untitled love poem by Ono no Komachi (c 825 - c 900)

Though I go to you ceaselessly along dream paths, the sum of those trysts is less than a single glimpse granted in the waking world. --…

1 Apr 18, 2009
Reply by Dionysus

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service