Here is a playlist of 80's hits you may have forgotten!!  Hope you enjoy it! And PLEASE post any of your favorites as well. 

Views: 108

Replies to This Discussion

One Night in Bangkok by Murray Head. Im not sure why, but I loved that song as a kid!

I remember that song too!!!  I loved listening to these songs again after so long!  It brought back so many memories of me being a teenager.  Der Kommissar by After the Fire was also one they played the hell out of!  I was a HUGE punk fan in high school, and I did enjoy new wave, although I didn't openly admit it!  Bands like Loverboy, and Bon Jovi I hated.  I remember the first time I saw U2 on MTV, and I was hooked for life.  I knew they were something special. 

Maybe my next project is a punk play list???....hmmm..

The Jam. No contest. Much of the 80's was a doldrum for music.

The Jam was one of my faves as well.  You are right.  In the 80's you had to dig to find interesting music.  I think that's why I was so into the Sex Pistols, Ramones, Violent Femmes, Black Flag, etc.  Punk was the interesting genre to me.  I'll have to post my punk tracks!!  This was strictly new wave-ish.

Don't tease...

Where do The Dead Milkmen, They Might be Giants and Nine Inch Nails fit in to that mix?

Hmmm.....kick ass cool playlist??? 

Definitely working on the punk playlist.....Sex Pistols, Ramones, Iggy and the Stooges, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, suicidal tendencies, Social Distortion.....this is gonna be F U N

We danced the most amazing slam dances to Violent Femmes, guys and gals whisked across the dance floor in frenzies of riotous energy.

I saw a documentary tonight called Blank City, telling the tale of New York's late 70's burgeoning underground music and film-making scene, which gave us the likes of Jim Jarmusch and John Waters. In the documentary, they also mentioned Klaus Nomi, ah yes, another of my favourite 80s artists.

I entered college in 83, and Quebec's music scene was usually a couple of years behind New York, all the crazy turn of that decade was my scene.

A group of college kids, 15 of us, planned an Easter trip to New York in 84, wow, what a trip, we were all underage, around 17, and we hit the clubs like crazy and had the time of our lives. That was before NY become all gentrified and cleaned up.

Love it!! The first song was a definite favorite! Thanks for sharing!! :D Brings back great memories.
I KNOW Right???  I went through a can of hairspray a week during the 80's!!
I had a simple minds poster in my room :)
Very Cool Rick!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service