Are you taking a diuretic along with either an ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) inhibitor or an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB)? If so, avoid NSAIDs such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen.

Triple Mix of Blood Pressure Drugs and Painkillers Linked to Kidney...

... a triple therapy combination of a diuretic with an ACE inhibitor or ARB and an NSAID was associated with a 31% higher rate of kidney injury, particularly elevated in the first 30 days of treatment during which it was 82% higher.

The authors conclude that, "although antihypertensive drugs have cardiovascular benefits, vigilance may be warranted when they are used concurrently with NSAIDs.

These drugs are commonly prescribed together, particularly in elderly people with several long term conditions.

Acute kidney injury (also known as kidney failure) ... occurs in more than 20% of hospital inpatients and is associated with around half of all potentially preventable deaths in hospital.

Tags: ACE inhibitor, NSAIDs, angiotensis receptor blocker, blood pressure medication

Views: 38

Replies to This Discussion

Is there anything written about blood pressure, anxiety, depression and dealing with blood sucking, good Christians, crooked republican mayors and city council?

This is the very reason why I am on that blood pressure shit now.  The kicker is that blood pressure meds are not created for black people.  That is the reason why blacks have to take 2 or more meds to try to control their blood pressure.

A pharmacist told me that Captopril was the only one that works with black people, however, since it is in the PRIL family, I can no longer take it.  I was on Lisinopril.

Below is a link to interview I gave regarding Lisinopril.  Beverly is my first name.  I was named after a xtian uncle and great-grandfather.

Lisinopril interview

A friend or should I say pain in the ass barnacle I know who is a xtian was recently released from the hospital after suffering from Angioedema. A friend of mine past last year and I think Lisinopril contributed to her death.

Thanks Ruth for the 411.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service