Or do you even watch TV at all?
I'm a big PBS fan, we don't have cable because we don't want the kids glued to it all day - instead, they're glued to the computers.
Other than that, I've lost touch ...
I do rent DVD's of Cable TV series; my fav's were Carnivale, 6 Ft. Under and of course the Sopranos, but I haven't started anything up lately. I'll see what, if anything everyone else is watching and pick something up from there.

Tags: Cable, TV, favorite, media, popular, shows

Views: 20

Replies to This Discussion

We watch numerous series', but all on DVD. We're always a season behind. We watch all the CSIs, Stargates, Star Treks, Monk, Bones, House, Grey's Anatomy, Foyle's War...the list goes on. One Cable TV series that we thought was excellent was Deadwood, but you'd have to make absolutely sure there were no kids around.
Hubby loves Deadwood: In fact I just watched the extra disc for season 3 (I think), I never realized that there was a father/son dynamic between Swearingen and Bullock, but I just couldn't actually watch the show itself.
And, strangely, Bonnie loves Bones; she never misses it.
I am a science geek - The Science Channel, Discovery, PBS and the History channel when they aren't running BS UFO and other woo programming. On NetFlix I run heavily towards documentaries - but I must admit to a weakness for science fiction.
This is why I think that we should break down and get a dish ... I'm so not up to speed.
I only have basic cable, so I'm not sure what's on many channels, plus I work second shift, which makes it difficult to watch a lot of TV. I catch whatever is on whenever I can. My favorite shows are House, Lost, Nova, and Nova Science Now. I must also say that I own every Star Trek episode ever made of the original series and Next Generation. Obviously, I've never quite gotten over my adolescent geekhood. I get a lot of eye rolls over that, but tough toenails. I've loved Star Trek since I was thirteen years old, and I'm not giving it up, no matter how many gray hairs I get.

I've actually never watched the Sopranos or Twenty-four, but I'm thinking of renting the DVD's. Are those shows as good as people say they are?
Well, I only have one thing to say about geeks:

I think I'm gonna add this to my homepage ...
Oh yeah. I also love The American Experience of PBS. They just concluded a great series on icons of the American West, including episodes about Buffalo Bill, Jesse James, Annie Oakley, and Kit Carson.
Hey, ya'll mind if I join ya? We watch 24 (yes, Suzanne, 24 is excellent, but you would definitely want to catch it from the first season), House, Penn and Teller's Bullshit!, Medium, Ice Road Truckers, Law and Order SVU, ER, and CSI. In between all that we watch History Channel, Discovery, etc. We have a 4 year old kid, so usually we'll watch American Idol or something like that during dinner. But I have to say that our favorite show is New Orleans Saints football. When we moved here (to Tulsa, OK) from New Orleans, we had to get Directv just so we could see the games.
I forgot about L&O, I love seeing the people from "Oz."
Oh, and yes - we're thrilled to have you join us!
We LOVED "Oz", but when we got pregnant and moved to a different part of town, we didn't resubscribe to HBO(?). I just love Christopher Meloni and Mariska Hargitay (you know she's Jayne Mansfield's daughter, right?).
Anyone else watching Intervention on A&E? I find it extremely compelling. My DVR is also set to tape Morgan Spurlock's 30 Days, Kathy Griffin's Life on the D-List, and NOVA's Science Now with Neil DeGrasse Tyson. I also like Cash Cab.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service