Fullmetal Alchemist has started again and I am watching that now. I was watching Naruto and Bleach but I am about a month or so behind on them.

What are you watching right now?

Views: 501

Replies to This Discussion

Whatever's on Adult Swim, really. I prefer to read manga myself, it's cheaper in a store and faster to load in the internet.

But Bleach, FMA, Code Geass, Ghost in the Shell, and Cowboy Bebop specifically. <3
I'm finishing up Welcome to the N.H.K. via Netflix. Awesome series, featuring the voice talents of Chris Patton, Greg Ayres, Luci Christian and Monica Rial. It portrays the life and struggles of a 20-something college dropout recluse and the troubled teen girl who tries to help him. The story goes to a lot of extremes for laughs, but I found I could relate to and sympathize with the characters. Indeed, I think most introverts (I am one myself), anyone who spends a lot of time in their own head, can relate to this show on some level.

I'm a huge anime fan but I'm a bit of an otaku heretic insofar as I generally like English dubs that are post 2000 CE. (I'll agree that most of the dubs in the 1990s sucked).
Recently, and somewhat embarrassingly, I've been interested in romance anime moreso than anything else. I just finished a yaoi series "Junjou Romantica" which was freaking amazing...and I've started watching "Strawberry Panic!" which some days I'm in love with and other days I just laugh at because it seems so stupid and unrealistic. I'm not sure how long it will keep my interest, but for now, I'm finding it mildly enjoyable at worst.
High School of the Dead is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, even as a human of the male persuasion, I must say it has a little too much fan service that adds nothing to the story...still, as a male, I keep watching. Plus lots of zombies!!!!
High School of the Dead is great :D zombies just rock.
I've been reading Gantz and Sankarea and watching Dance in the Vampire Bund and Shigurui, and re-watching FLCL for the billionth time. All of them are good, but Gantz is really the only new manga/anime that's REALLY interesting to me.
Bleach all the way! Cant wait for the next movie.
Kaiji is really intense, just finished watching it.

SPOILER - maybe...

The last episode was really amusing and has something to say about faith too... all through the series Kaiji keeps saying to himself that 'I can only trust myself' - yet ends up trusting others and then god, and each time he suffers.
Just finished watching Seirei no Moribito 9/10 anime with a very interesting universe, could have been twice as long ^^
Just finished watching loveless, the second shounen ai I've watched so far. I've always found it amusing how yoai characters are often so feminine in design while the opposite is not true in modern yuri. Anyway the short 13 episode series kept my attention while also providing a welcome break from the 'mainstream.' However the series is so short it seems like part 1/3, and few of the many questions generated by the storyline were answered... definitely watchable though ^^  
Just finished watching the seven episodes out of the series Tales of Symphonia. The first four episodes were really badly paced and felt like a series of story fragments - more like a prologue or summary.... The Tethe'alla-hen
episodes 'upped the ante' and I actually became fully engaged, caring about the characters, for the last two episodes.
Just watched the anime movie King of Thorn... it was really insane and I couldn't follow the plot very well... I don't yet know what to think of it. Sci-fi horror with an upbeat ending even-though almost everyone dies :S really weird...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service