http://t.entertainment.msn.com/michelle-shockeds-tour-vanishes-afte...

"When they stop Prop 8 and force priests at gunpoint to marry gays, it will be the downfall of civilization, and Jesus will come back," she reportedly said, and "You can go on Twitter and say, 'Michelle Shocked says God hates fags.'"

As a result of her onstage comments all of her future engagements have been canceled but one and that one is out of pocket.

Views: 72

Replies to This Discussion

I have never heard of Michelle Shocked and may never hear of her again.  Apparently, she claims to speak to God and speaks for God.

And I am shocked, SHOCKED to hear that gambling is occurring in this establishment!

Someone tell dear Michelle to GET A LIFE!

her career is over

well - if she even had a career that is

well I think the reaction was appropriate

Michelle Shocked has apologized for her supposedly misunderstood speech: "But I am damn sorry. If I could repeat the evening, I would make a clearer distinction between a set of beliefs I abhor, and my human sympathy for the folks who hold them." (spin.com has her entire statement.)

A commenter there posted a link to audio: we can hear her own words: https://soundcloud.com/therealtofuandwhiskey/michelle-shocked-2nd-y...

My transcript of the relevant part, with a bit more context:

[4:42] But, I was in a prayer meeting yesterday, you got to appreciate how scared, how scared folks on that side of the equation are. I mean, from their vantage point, and I shouldn't really say "their" because it's mine too, we are at, nearly at the end of time, and, from our vantage point, we're gonna be, I think maybe Chinese water torture is gonna be the means, the method.

[5:17] Once Prop 8 gets instated [sic] and once preachers are held at gunpoint and forced to marry the homosexuals, I'm pretty sure that that will be the signal for Jesus to come on back.

You said you wanted reality.

If someone would be so gracious as to please tweet out, "Michelle Shocked just said from stage, 'God hates faggots'", would you do it now?

(If she in fact doesn't endorse those beliefs, that was so NOT an effective way to show it!!!)

The only really gratifying outcome for this entire performance, if there is one, is that all but one of her future engagements have been cancelled.  (And I'll bet that one cancels, too.)  When people realize just how nasty and hate filled some of these supposed xtions really are, they are going to understand what Prop 8 is really all about--hate.

It seems she is now playing her guitar and singing outside of an establishment that cancelled her.  The owner says she is welcome to play there but that she is still cancelled.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service