Unfortunately, all of the groups that meet and such are in Northern Alabama so some of us are kind of screwed lol

Views: 46

Replies to This Discussion

There is a group in Mobile, but not sure of anything in your area. I would do a search on Meetup.com. if there isn't a group, I would encourage you to create one! it is really easy and you might be surprised to find you are not alone in your area...

Do you know anything about the Mobile group? Like where they meet and such?

Check this out: http://www.meetup.com/SoutheastAlabamaFreethought/

I'm up in Auburn, so I don't know if the group is active or not. Good luck!
The wife and I live in Troy, which is close-ish. We're not aware of any groups in the area, and tend to be homebodies anyway. Still, hello to everyone in south AL.
I feel your pain. I'm about 45 minutes away from the Mobile group, so it's a little far to drive. I had the same problem with astronomy groups. There are two in my area. Each is a 45 minute drive to their dark sites. I'm in the middle of nowhere.
Caleb *and anyone else reading this*

Get out for a Saturday drive this week. We have a group in Mobile (The Alabama League of Reason).
Here is a link to this Saturday's event.

If anyone else in interested, join us. And join the group at Meetup.com to keep informed of all of our events.
Yes, I will reiterate what others have posted.  TheSEAFA.org  on atheist nexus, facebook, and meetup.  Most meetups are on the weekends in the dothan area.
Andalusia here.  Ergo, I feel your pain.
I'm in Opp and I definitely feel your pain.

I know the SEAFA is incredibly active. I've never been able to make it to one of their weekly meet-ups (I'm in Opp, so Dothan can be a bit of a drive) but they get together in Dothan just about every Sunday.

I wish there were something closer, though.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Jerry Wesner replied to matthew greenberg's discussion ok, can atheists please stop voting for Republicans now?
5 minutes ago
Cyn X posted a blog post
45 minutes ago
Loren Miller posted a status
"Back from an AMAZING Cars & Coffee event. Tons of amazing machines and some neat folks to talk to!"
46 minutes ago
"Back from an AMAZING Cars & Coffee event. Tons of amazing machines and some neat folks to talk to!"
46 minutes ago
46 minutes ago
Patricia commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
1 hour ago
sk8eycat commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
1 hour ago
BIPLAB DAS commented on BIPLAB DAS's blog post A 9 year old girl was mentally tortured after being accused as witch.
1 hour ago
BIPLAB DAS commented on BIPLAB DAS's blog post A 9 year old girl was mentally tortured after being accused as witch.
1 hour ago
sk8eycat commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
1 hour ago
Luara replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Ethics of Atheism - A Conversation between Stefan Molyneux with Dr Peter Boghossian
1 hour ago
Luara replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Ethics of Atheism - A Conversation between Stefan Molyneux with Dr Peter Boghossian
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service