I am a huge Megadeth fan and have been supporting mustaine since I was able to buy his cds, but now I am confused.  Apparently Dave is rooting for Santorum to be in the white house.  His reasons for pulling for him is that Santorum stayed with his sick daughter and has not had vicious ads.  No political reasons for choosing Santorum were stated.  Does he not realize that Santorum is against everything Dave stands for.  I just cannot accept Santorum as a serious Presidential candidate.  His views are extremely conservative and he is just plain weird.  Not to mention Santorum the pinnacle of religious extremists. 

Listening to Megadeth will never be the same.

Here is the article by the way

Views: 79

Replies to This Discussion

I've never been a fan of Megadeth, but it doesn't sound like Dave is truly looking at the issues.  You shouldn't base your vote on one incident....of course, a parent should be with their sick child.  Does Dave know that Santorum's daughters would, if raped and became pregnant, would have to carry that baby to term?  Does Dave look at the issues that can drastically shape this nation before casting his ballot or just vote because he gets the warm-fuzzies from a daddy doing his job? :/

Dave got religion and religion poisons everything..... :(

Even metalheads can become old farts ;-))

Of COURSE Metalheads can be old farts.  Like me!

Indeed, Santorum is at war with Metal.  What a dick.  I don't let the politics of musicians bother me.  Some bands and artists are total assholes but make good tunes.  It's all about the tunes!

I'm really not at all surprised by this.  I saw him on Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher, a decade or so ago.  He's really not particularly bright.  Logic is definitely not his strong point, so I don't expect him to rationally look through issues and make a good selection.

If Santorum was not doing so well (what is wrong w/ people) I don't think I would have been as concerned about this.  But it is definitely an extremely uninformed statement on his part.  I wonder if he even knows that Santorum wants to start a war on Metal.  I would like to think that he does not.  With as many records as he makes I am going to go with he doesn't come out of the recording studio enough to be informed about the GOP candidates. 

I will still buy his next one.....

Dave clarifies position...

Like it makes a big difference...He wasn't always dumb....honest!

"I've seen good qualities in all the candidates but by no means have made my choice yet."

He saw good qualities in all of the candidates?  Dude, REPUBLICANS are disgusted with the available candidates.  I think Huntsman and Romney are the only two who aren't completely insane.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service