Bands, genres. Name it all!

There are few metalgenres I don't enjoy that much, metalcore and pure doom would be two of those. I have outgrown most power metal and all its siblings as well as heavy metal and thrash, and goth never did that much to me.

Everything else though, I swallow whole.

My favorite bands would be Insomnium and Kamelot. For more information, check www.last.fm/user/LeaTelamon ;)

Views: 94

Replies to This Discussion

If you like Melechesh, have you checked out Absu? They are lead by Proscriptor, who was the drummer for Melechesh on Djinn and Sphynx. Where Melechesh is Sumerian, Absu goes for Celtic influenced Blackened Thrash. There latest eponymous album is a bit of a disappointment, but Tara is awesome.

Yes I know Absu :D Tara was an amazing album.
Howdy,
Been a fan of metal since I first heard Black Sabbath 36 years ago.
I listen to everything from Amon Amarth to Zimmers Hole.
Prog, Death, Thrash, Black, Symphonic, Power, they're all just words to me.
If I like it I'll listen to it.
There's loads of stuff that I like and can listen to but the bands that I actually consider 'on my list': Black Sabbath, Anthrax, SLAYER, Ozzy (pre-No Rest), Metallica (pre-Newsted), Blind Guardian, D.R.I., Amon Amarth, Dethklok, Dio, Disturbed, Exodus, GWAR, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Megadeth (until ToC), Overkill, Pantera, Powermad, Sacred Reich, Samael, Sheavy, S.O.D., Suicidal Tendencies, and lately I've gotten into Korpiklaani, Tyr, and Eluveitie.

On the mellower side I'd have to include Nightwish, Apocalyptica, Lacuna Coil, Therion, Sirenia, Amorphis, and Jethro Tull (extra points if you get that one heheh).
the beat Metallica for grammy that year for best metal album
There are so many, I'll just keep it in genres with exclusions. From the old school anything from Black Sabboth to Slayer, except Glam Metal. ( Poison, Faster Pussycat, Cinderella, ect ) I always liked european metal. A big fan of Black Metal, Death Metal, ( old and new ) Symphonic Metal, Female fronted Metal, Folk Metal. Bascially if it has balls and substance I like it.
Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Slayer, Exodus, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Racer X, Yngwie Malmsteen, Amon Amarth, Burzum, Dethklok, Dragonforce, Korpiklaani, Moonsorrow, Children of Bodom, In Flames

I don't really have a preference, but I really love Metallica, Megadeth, and Iron Maiden.

Moonsorrow does the best cover I have ever heard:

What really draws me to it is the musicianship. It's raw, expressionistic, without being pretentious, well at least the music anyways.
Having grown up in the 80's I listened to a lot of thrash metal! It was our only escape from the new wave pop and top 40 shit! I must confess that while this genre expressed remarkable musical dexterity, it often times lacked a certain lyrical depth that makes a band truly great. Exceptions to this are of course bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax! These are my favorites from the 80's! Oh yeah, you know that Dave Mustaine has gone to the other side. He is a born again christian, quit doing drugs, and drinks a lot of coffee!

I really hate to pigionhole types of music. I have a wide variety of musical tastes. As I type this I am listening to The Melvins. I will say this, TOOL is my favorite band! There is no question to the level of talent in this band! Maynard is truly a genius!

Here are some other favorites:

Monster Magnet
Pantera
Corrosion Of Conformity
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Black Sabbath
AC/DC
Dio
Static X
slipknot
Korn
Motley Crue (the early years)
White Zombie

I could go on forever! lol!
nearly the whole range of true&black: From Airbourne, Korpiklaani and AC/DC over Motörhead and Slayer to the likes of Dimmu Borgir and Darkthrone
Where to begin...Lamb of God, Machine Head, Mors Principium Est, Silent Descent, Blood Stain Child, Chthonic, Chimaira, Dark Tranquillity, Scar Symmetry, Soilwork, In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, Old Man's Child, Threat Signal, Dethklok, and Cipher System to name a few. And they are great bands for two reasons 1. Incredible musicianship 2.GROOVE!!!!!
Something that is lacking in so much metal now. It's all about how fast, technical, and complicated your music is rather than just being fucking catchy. That's why grindcore, deathcore, and most "CORE" genres get really old really quick to me. Not too mention when you listen to bands like Black Dahlia Murder, Cannibal Corpse, and bands of that sort...there's no heart. Don't get me wrong they are very talented musicians but there's no digging deep into the soul and writing from the heart. And if you consider writing about zombies, fucking dead people, and butchering things to be "from the heart"...you either need a hug...or a padded room.
I thought I'd jump in with some of my library faves
Opeth - After Forever - In This Moment - The Agonist - Epica - Dry Kill Logic - In Flames(early stuff + The Quiet Place) - All That Remains - and good ol' Testament.
I'm more of a song lover than a band lover, though. Each band I've listed has 1 or more songs that I either can't relate to or just dislike.
You can check out some of these bands on my page here on The Nexus.
I'm a new member and probably the oldest. Forty plus mom who loves metal.My favorite is megadeth.
He is coming to town in Dec. and I can hardly wait.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service