Bands, genres. Name it all!

There are few metalgenres I don't enjoy that much, metalcore and pure doom would be two of those. I have outgrown most power metal and all its siblings as well as heavy metal and thrash, and goth never did that much to me.

Everything else though, I swallow whole.

My favorite bands would be Insomnium and Kamelot. For more information, check www.last.fm/user/LeaTelamon ;)

Views: 104

Replies to This Discussion

Right now I'm into Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, and Slayer mostly. I tend to go through "phases" with different bands every few months or so. Others I've recently been into include Mercyful Fate, Goatwhore, very early Megadeth, some Machine Head, At the Gates, lots of Tool, Meshuggah, Venom...

There's more, but that's all i can think of off the top of my head.
I recently started listening to Kamelot. I bought Ghost Opera: The Second Coming on a whim. Oh My Flying Shaghetti Monster, I love this album!

I guess I listen to alot of what could be called "symphonic metal": Nightwish, Within Temptation, Epica, Apocalyptica, etc. I also like Lacuna Coil, and yes, Dethklok, along with alot of hard rock bands: Seether, Disturbed, Hurt, and so on and so forth...
You should get Karma and Epica if you liked Ghost Opera! Ghost Opera is good but nowhere as good as those two albums :)
I was contemplating buying either The Black Halo or their live cd since that's all they had at F.Y.E., but I lack funds...sigh.
Good thing CDs are at least quite cheap these days.
Except for imports...heh. I look forward to the day(s) when I don't have to decide between groceries or a CD, or gas or a CD...etc. College!
Oh yeah, I know that too :(
Nice. :) Any you'd recommend to someone who listens to Nightwish, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, Kamelot, and most recently Epica?

Sadly I've never seen any of them live, except Lacuna Coil, though I'd love to see Within Temptation and Epica in concert. Nightwish is gonna be in Baltimore next week and I'm so excited. :)
Meh, Nightwish isn't that great live :( The issue is that Anita doesn't really realize what metal is about. I think. Saw them this summer, she made some well... really stupid comments, like "good night, I must go sleep now!" after they finished playing :S
I would faint if I got the chance to see Tarja live... *sigh*
*shrugs* Meh. I'm tired of the drama, and really I couldn't judge w/o knowing what really went down, and I don't see that happening. So I'm just trying to focus on the music. I like her CD and I like Dark Passion Play, though that one took some getting used to, what with a new singer and all. I'm hoping they will be good in concert next week...
Not sure in what ways Anita is better though...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service