I would like to know folks opinions on the 7 Chakras.  I am a big science and history person.  However, from what I am gathering there is a science to it.

But then this law of attraction thing.  I don't know.  It just sounds unreasonable to me.

Does anyone have any information on this or do you feel it's not a valid concept.  If so, why.

I hope someone can give me an opinion.

Views: 161

Replies to This Discussion

My opinion: chakras and the general mechanism described by the "law of attraction" are BS. There is a small part of what's sometimes lumped into the law of attraction which has good science behind it; it's part of psychology. If one thinks depressive thoughts, one is more likely to think depressive thoughts in the future. If one thinks of oneself as lucky, one tends to be lucky (due to greater awareness of one's environment, etc.). Richard Wiseman has done extensive research on that: http://www.richardwiseman.com/research/psychologyluck.html.

I haven't read much about chakras, and at this point I'd be stunned if I found out there's any good science behind the idea.

There might be a "pseudo-science" behind it but nothing one would consider established science. 

If you are a big science person you should check out scienceblogs.com.  PZ Myers blogs here but there several great blogs, including Orac's Respectful Insolence which focuses on medical science and the ever increasings social presence of non-science based "alternative" medicine.

The law of attraction is total BS. Yes, attitude positive or negative can contribute to ones experience, but it is not the sole determinant.  And such a viewpoint is  an anathema to any progressive analysis of history.  Is it the Native Americans fault that they were nearly wiped out, because they were "thinking negative thoughts?".  Yeah we want those Europeans to come over here and give us smallpox.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service