The Zombie Survival Guide.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdQhBvegesw

Right, this topic is posted under comedy. :)

I watched Zombieland with a theist friend. Discussing the movie afterwards, she said she cannot stand the idea of being on the run and would just let herself be gorged right smack on day one. I said, that is absolutely boring!

I know it isn't just me but a lot of you out there have considered the what if scenarios. So, what will you do - the first time you notice that something amiss is in the air? Where will you go? What are the essentials to survive Zombieland? Do you have your own Zombieland rules, if any.

Btw, the first zombie movie that I watched when I was a kid was Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, an Italian film. What was yours and your favorite zombie movie/s?

Tags: guide, horror, survival, zombieland, zombies

Views: 488

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right, you make a good point! Crow bar it is then!
re: #1 on katalyzt's list above - At the risk of sounding like a paranoid loon (oops, too late!) this is one of many reasons* I always carry the "City Stick" from ColdSteel (linked above). It's a bit classier and easier to write off than carrying around a crowbar or sword all the time. I would carry the sword cane, but I work on Federal property and that would be a felony, and one of the LAST places one would want to be in a Zombie outbreak is a prison!

*another, less crazy reason is that I have a bit of a bum knee.
I've thought about this myself, and I think the first place I would NOT go is a Wal-mart or Costco - you know everyone else will be thinking the same thing and it'll be chaos. The best thing you can do, IMO, is run to your local Mormon neighbor's house and kick them out (if they haven't been bit already) since Mormons are required to keep food storage. Be mindful of the fact, however, that Mormons frequently store their food at their local ward or sometimes at another member's house, so your Mormon neighbor might not have their food storage at their home.

Technically, when Jesus rose from the dead, he was a zombie. :)
I guess him walking around moaning, "brains" is what gave his followers the idea of communion.
Shawn of the Dead was my zombie movie. My zombie plan is to lock the chemistry room door and play a CD with nothing on it but Still Alive over and over whilst I do science and continue living. ...That is, until the zombies pile up outside of the doors; then I'll have to climb into the service attic through the fume hood vent leave the gas turned on, and drop a chunk of sodium into a bucket of water once I make it out, which will lead to fire and an explosion which will destroy many zombies.

That, or I'll pop out some biology texts and show them how they are physically impossible, causing them to vanish in a puff of logic. Science!
"Don't forget to kill Phillip!!!"

That movie totally rocks!!!
Hopefully they wont argue with your logic with irrational reasoning that zombies are in a book so that proves they do exist. But the plus side would be that they wouldn't want to have anything to do with you after they won't be able to argue with logic!
A fun Australian Zombie movie with a bit of a twist to the mythos is "Undead". It's campy and low-budget, but fun to watch anyway (or perhaps because of that fact).

I agree that one should stay away from places like Wal-Mart or Costco or the Mall, at least in the first few days/weeks of the outbreak. Those will be a hotbed of activity and therefore of contagion and mayhem. And in fact, I agree that the first danger wouldn't even be the zombies, at first, it would be the panicking hoards of UN-infected. We've all seen the rioting that happens in high stress, emergency/disaster situations. I dare say that a Zombie appocalypse would be no exception.
Stay indoors. Baracade as best you can and survive as long as you can on what you've got before venturing out.

I think survival all depends on information. Are they fast or slow, strong or weak, vulnerable to head injury or not, and how is the infection spread? all of those must be answered before coming up with a viable survival plan. Tactics vary quite a bit depending on the answers, IMO.

For instance, if they're slow and vulnerable to head shots, one might get away with using a gun without worrying about a silencer too much because by the time more of them got to where the noise was, you'd be gone. But fast or invulnerable to anything but total annihilation of the body or complete dismemberment, gun might not be the wisest choice.

If the infection is spread by any sort of bodily fluid exchange (ie. blood in the eye ala 28 Days Later close range weapons would probably be a bad idea - especially blunt force trauma weapons like a crowbar which can cause quite a bit of splatter.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that, as with any survival situation, the best plan is to gather information ASAP and constantly refine and come up with better plans while you do your best to survive as you go.
A zombie plan?

I should think grabbing a fueled freight engine and running cross country along the tracks would be interesting.
Blowing the horn as you go racing along the rails through cities and the countryside would undoubtedly attract a few onto the tracks looking for a nice brain snack. With all the squish thud noises, I'm sure it would be an adequate distraction from the fuel gauge.
As to "favorites"... I've always liked the Resident Evil movies, because of the kickass heroine. I like Romero's movies, they are well done and cynical. BTW Romero put out a remake of "Night of the Living Dead", I think in the early '90's. Because of a blunder, the first NoLD was not effectively copyrighted, so he made the remake in part to fix that. It is worth seeing; enough new twists that those who have seen the first will not be bored, enough homage to the original that diehard fans of the original will not be annoyed. One character is played very differently, with greater respect.

I haven't really thought about how to face the zombie apocalypse, though I have both of Max Brook's books. Waiting for the film version of WORLD WAR Z. I regard it as a scenario I will never see. IMHO I am much more likely to see the collapse of civilization from civil disorder caused by food and fuel shortages and wild weather. (Peak Oil, Unsustainable Agriculture, Climate Change.) Fascism USA is not impossible either. I am thankful that the risk of nuclear war seems to have receded.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service